Algorithm for calculating corporate marginal tax rate using Monte Carlo simulation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Julian Alworth & Giampaolo Arachi, 2001. "The Effect of Taxes on Corporate Financing Decisions: Evidence from a Panel of Italian Firms," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(4), pages 353-376, August.
- Plesko, George A., 2003. "An evaluation of alternative measures of corporate tax rates," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 201-226, June.
- Shackelford, Douglas A. & Shevlin, Terry, 2001. "Empirical tax research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 321-387, September.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & David Rapson, 2005. "Comparing Average and Marginal Tax Rates Under the FairTax and the Current System of Federal Taxation," NBER Working Papers 11831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John R. Graham & Michael L. Lemmon, 1998. "Measuring Corporate Tax Rates And Tax Incentives: A New Approach," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 11(1), pages 54-65.
- Graham, John R., 1996. "Debt and the marginal tax rate," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 41-73, May.
- Grady, Patrick, 1986. "The Recent Corporate Income Tax Reform Proposals in Canada and the United States," MPRA Paper 18749, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Padovano, Fabio & Galli, Emma, 2002. "Comparing the growth effects of marginal vs. average tax rates and progressivity," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 529-544, September.
- Gogas, Periklis, 1997. "On the construction of cersonal, corporate and effective overall marginal tax rates for Canada (1977-1992)," MPRA Paper 1465, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Bansal, Vishakha, 2013. "Capital structure puzzle: the interrelationship between leverage, taxes and other micro economic factors," MPRA Paper 49878, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Sep 2013.
- José A. Clemente-Almendros & Francisco Sogorb-Mira, 2016. "The effect of taxes on the debt policy of spanish listed companies," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 359-391, August.
More about this item
KeywordsMarginal tax Rate; Corporate taxes; Loss carry forward; Alternate minimum tax; Loss carry backward; Tax code;
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- K34 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Tax Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2012-09-03 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2012-09-03 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2012-09-03 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40811. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .