Tax loss offset restrictions: Last resort for the treasury? An empirical evaluation of tax loss offset rectrictions based on micro data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nadja Dwenger, 2008. "Tax Loss Offset Restrictions - Last Resort for the Treasury?: An Empirical Evaluation of Tax Loss Offset Restrictions Based on Micro Data," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 764, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jack M. Mintz, 1988.
"An Empirical Estimate of Corporate Tax Refundability and Effective Tax Rates,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 103(1), pages 225-231.
- Jack M. Mintz, 1987. "An Empirical Estimate of Corportate Tax Refundability and Effective Tax Rates," Carleton Industrial Organization Research Unit (CIORU) 87-02, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Bradley, Michael & Jarrell, Gregg A & Kim, E Han, 1984. " On the Existence of an Optimal Capital Structure: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 857-878, July.
- John R. Graham & Michael L. Lemmon, 1998. "Measuring Corporate Tax Rates And Tax Incentives: A New Approach," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 11(1), pages 54-65.
- Cordes, Joseph J & Sheffrin, Steven M, 1983. " Estimating the Tax Advantage of Corporate Debt," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 95-105, March.
- Graham, John R., 1996. "Debt and the marginal tax rate," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 41-73, May.
- Ramb, Fred, 2007. "Corporate marginal tax rate, tax loss carryforwards and investment functions: empirical analysis using a large German panel data set," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2007,21, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Rosanne Altshuler & Alan J. Auerbach, 1990.
"The Significance of Tax Law Asymmetries: An Empirical Investigation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 61-86.
- Rosanne Altshuler & Alan J. Auerbach, 1987. "The Significance of Tax Law Asymmetries: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 2279, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- MacKie-Mason, Jeffrey K, 1990. " Do Taxes Affect Corporate Financing Decisions?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(5), pages 1471-1493, December.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 1985. "Real Determinants of Corporate Leverage," NBER Chapters,in: Corporate Capital Structures in the United States, pages 301-324 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stefan Bach & Nadja Dwenger, 2007. "Unternehmensbesteuerung: trotz hoher Steuersätze mäßiges Aufkommen," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 74(5), pages 57-65.
- Titman, Sheridan & Wessels, Roberto, 1988. " The Determinants of Capital Structure Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 1-19, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edgerton, Jesse, 2010. "Investment incentives and corporate tax asymmetries," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 936-952, December.
- Ortmann, Regina & Sureth, Caren, 2014. "Can the CCCTB alleviate tax discrimination against loss-making European multinational groups?," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 165, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Lina Cui, 2013. "A Markov Chain Analysis on the Impact of German Tax Loss Offset Restrictions," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(1), pages 122-134, March.
- European Commission, 2010. "Tax Policy after the Crisis: Monitoring Tax Revenues and Tax Reforms in EU Member States 2010 Report," Taxation Papers 24, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Walch, Florian & Dwenger, Nadja, 2011. "Tax Losses and Firm Investment: Evidence from Tax Statistics," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48699, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Regina Ortmann & Caren Sureth-Sloane, 2016. "Can the CCCTB alleviate tax discrimination against loss-making European multinational groups?," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 86(5), pages 441-475, July.
- Dahle, Claudia & Sureth, Caren, 2008. "Income-related minimum taxation concepts and their impact on corporate investment decisions," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 55, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
More about this item
Keywordsmicro simulation; loss offset restrictions; corporate taxation; tax loss carryforward; tax loss carry-back;
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:arqudp:44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://www.arqus.info/ .