Clusterwettbewerbe: Eine Option für Entwicklungsländer?
[Cluster competitions: An option for developing countries?]
Cluster policy has gained remarkable prominence in regional and sectoral structural policy in industrialized countries. Instead of compensating for weaknesses it focuses on strengths in the local and regional economic structure. In Germany, handing out regional development funds in competitions has been tried. This instrument is intended to promote the use of cluster potentials on the local and regional levels. But is this instrument applicable in development policy, too? In this context, some conditions and constraints have to be considered.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benner, Maximilian, 2009. "What do we know about clusters? In search of effective cluster policies," MPRA Paper 43848, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Alexander Eickelpasch & Michael Fritsch, 2005.
"Contests for Cooperation: A New Approach in German Innovation Policy,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
478, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Eickelpasch, Alexander & Fritsch, Michael, 2005. "Contests for cooperation--A new approach in German innovation policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1269-1282, October.
- Eickelpasch, Alexander & Fritsch, Michael, 2005. "Contests for Cooperation: A New Approach in German Innovation Policy," Freiberg Working Papers 2005,03, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Dohse, Dirk, 2000. "Technology policy and the regions -- the case of the BioRegio contest," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1111-1133, December.
- Dirk Dohse, 2007. "Cluster-Based Technology Policy—The German Experience," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 69-94.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40743. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.