Malinvaud on Wicksell’s legacy to capital theory: some critical remarks
This critique of Malinvaud’s article of 2003 on Wicksell’s legacy to capital theory focuses in particular on three points raised there. The first regards the given amount of existing capital that appears in Wicksell’s theory and its connection with his alleged “missing equation”, the second the particular notion of the marginal product of capital adopted by Malinvaud and the meaning of its equality with the rate of interest, and the third the concept of the average period of production taken by Malinvaud from Hicks and its inverse relation to the rate of interest.
|Date of creation:||20 Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kurz, Heinz D. & Salvadori, Neri, 2001. "The aggregate neoclassical theory of distribution and the concept of a given value of capital: a reply," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 479-485, December.
- Saverio M. Fratini, 2011.
"The Hicks-Malinvaud average period of production and 'marginal productivity': a critical assessment,"
Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre'
0128, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Saverio M. Fratini, 2014. "The Hicks-Malinvaud average period of production and 'marginal productivity': A critical assessment," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 142-157, February.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521443258 is not listed on IDEAS
- Potestio, Paola, 1999. "The aggregate neoclassical theory of distribution and the concept of a given value of capital: towards a more general critique," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 381-394, December.
- Swan, Trevor W, 2002. "Economic Growth," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 78(243), pages 375-80, December.
- Heinz D. Kurz, 2000. "Wicksell and the Problem of the "Missing" Equation," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 32(4), pages 765-788, Winter.
- Fratini, Saverio M., 2009.
"Reswitching And Decreasing Demand For Capital,"
13389, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39574. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.