A note on re-switching and the neo-Austrian concept of the average period of production
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edmond Malinvaud, 2003. "The Legacy of Knut Wicksell to Capital Theory," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(4), pages 507-525, December.
- Malinvaud, E, 1986. "Reflecting on the Theory of Capital and Growth," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(3), pages 367-385, November.
- Braun, Eduard, 2017. "The theory of capital as a theory of capitalism," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 305-325, June.
- Bliss, C. J., 1975. "Capital Theory and the Distribution of Income," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780720436044 edited by Bliss, C. J..
- Harcourt,G. C., 1972.
"Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521096720.
- Harcourt, G C, 1969. "Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 369-405, June.
- Saverio M. Fratini, 2014.
"The Hicks-Malinvaud average period of production and 'marginal productivity': A critical assessment,"
The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 142-157, February.
- Saverio M. Fratini, 2011. "The Hicks-Malinvaud average period of production and 'marginal productivity': a critical assessment," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0128, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Heinz D. Kurz, 2015. "Capital Theory, Crises, and Business Cycles: The Triangular Debate between Hayek, Keynes, and Sraffa," Journal of Reviews on Global Economics, Lifescience Global, vol. 4, pages 186-191.
- Lewin, Peter & Cachanosky, NicolÃ¡s, 2018. "The Average Period Of Production: The History And Rehabilitation Of An Idea," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 81-98, March.
- Peter Lewin & Nicolás Cachanosky, 2018. "Value and capital: Austrian capital theory, retrospect and Prospect," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 31(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Nicolás Cachanosky & Peter Lewin, 2016. "Financial Foundations of Austrian Business Cycle Theory," Advances in Austrian Economics, in: Steven Horwitz (ed.),Studies in Austrian Macroeconomics, volume 20, pages 15-44, Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- N. Cachanosky & P. Lewin, 2014. "Roundaboutness is Not a Mysterious Concept: A Financial Application to Capital Theory," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 648-665, October.
- Harald Hagemann & Heinz D. Kurz, 1976. "The Return Of The Same Truncation Period And Reswitching Of Techniques In Neo‐Austrian And More General Models," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 678-708, January.
- Kurz,Heinz D. (ed.), 2000. "Critical Essays on Piero Sraffa's Legacy in Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521580892.
- Fratini, Saverio M., 2012. "Malinvaud on Wicksell’s legacy to capital theory: some critical remarks," MPRA Paper 39574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsaverage period of production; degree of roundaboutness; capital; re-switching; Austrian business-cycle theory;
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian; Stockholm School
- B53 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Austrian
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:87306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.