Industry Effects on Firm and Segment Profitability Forecasting: Do Aggregation and Diversity Matter?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Juan Carlos Bou & Albert Satorra, 2003. "The persistence of abnormal returns at industry and firm levels," Economics Working Papers 729, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- repec:bla:joares:v:15:y:1977:i:2:p:226-244 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charles H. Brandon & Jeffrey E. Jarrett & Saleha B. Khumawala, 1983. "Note---Revising Forecasts of Accounting Earnings: A Comparison with the Box-Jenkins Method," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(2), pages 256-263, February.
- Dichev, Ilia D. & Tang, Vicki Wei, 2009. "Earnings volatility and earnings predictability," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1-2), pages 160-181, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsSegment profitability; Earnings predictability; Earnings persistence; Aggregation; Diversity; Industry membership;
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-06-13 (Business Economics)
- NEP-FOR-2012-06-13 (Forecasting)
- NEP-IND-2012-06-13 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .