Industry Effects on Firm and Segment Profitability Forecasting: Do Aggregation and Diversity Matter?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Juan Carlos Bou & Albert Satorra, 2003. "The persistence of abnormal returns at industry and firm levels," Economics Working Papers 729, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- repec:bla:joares:v:15:y:1977:i:2:p:226-244 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charles H. Brandon & Jeffrey E. Jarrett & Saleha B. Khumawala, 1983. "Note---Revising Forecasts of Accounting Earnings: A Comparison with the Box-Jenkins Method," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(2), pages 256-263, February.
- Dichev, Ilia D. & Tang, Vicki Wei, 2009. "Earnings volatility and earnings predictability," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1-2), pages 160-181, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsSegment profitability; Earnings predictability; Earnings persistence; Aggregation; Diversity; Industry membership;
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-06-13 (Business Economics)
- NEP-FOR-2012-06-13 (Forecasting)
- NEP-IND-2012-06-13 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.