The proposed merger of AT&T and T-Mobile: Are there unexhausted scale economies in U.S. mobile telephony?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Russell Pittman, 2012. "The Proposed Merger of AT&T and T-Mobile: Are There Unexhausted Scale Economies in U.S. Mobile Telephony?," EAG Discussions Papers 201202, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gagnepain, Philippe & Pereira, Pedro, 2007.
"Entry, costs reduction, and competition in the Portuguese mobile telephony industry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 461-481, June.
- Gagnepain, Philippe & Pereira, Pedro, 2005. "Entry, Cost Reduction and Competition in The Portuguese Mobile Telephone Industry," CEPR Discussion Papers 4993, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Gagnepain & Pedro Pereira, 2007. "Entry, Costs Reduction, and Competition in the Portuguese Mobile Telephony Industry," Post-Print hal-00622837, HAL.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, April.
- Alfred E. Kahn, 1988. "The Economics of Regulation: Principles and Institutions," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262610523, January.
- McKenzie, David J & Small, John P, 1997. "Econometric Cost Structure Estimates for Cellular Telephony in the United States," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 147-157, September.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Douglas W. Caves & Laurits R. Christensen & Michael W. Tretheway, 1984. "Economies of Density versus Economies of Scale: Why Trunk and Local Service Airline Costs Differ," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 471-489, Winter.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Reconsidering heterogeneity in panel data estimators of the stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 269-303, June.
- Pittman, Russell, 2007. "Options for Restructuring the State-Owned Monopoly Railway," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 179-198, January.
More about this item
Keywordsmerger efficiencies; economies of scale; economies of density; mobile telephony; antitrust; stochastic frontier analysis;
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L40 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .