Why one would accept Voting Theory for Democracy and reject the Penrose Square Root Weights
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gelman, Andrew & Katz, Jonathan N. & Bafumi, Joseph, 2004.
"Standard Voting Power Indexes Do Not Work: An Empirical Analysis,"
British Journal of Political Science,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(04), pages 657-674, October.
- Gelman, Andrew & Katz, Jonathan N. & Bafumi, Joseph, 2002. "Standard Voting Power Indexes Don't Work: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers 1133, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Leech, Dennis, 2002. "Designing the Voting System for the Council of the European Union," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 113(3-4), pages 437-464, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Colignatus, Thomas, 2010. "Single vote multiple seats elections. Didactics of district versus proportional representation, using the examples of the United Kingdom and The Netherlands," MPRA Paper 22671, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Jul 2007.
More about this item
Keywordsvoting theory; voting systems; elections; public choice; political economy; Borda Fixed Point; democracy; European Union; Penrose square root weights;
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-07-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2007-07-13 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-DCM-2007-07-13 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-PBE-2007-07-13 (Public Economics)
- NEP-POL-2007-07-13 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3885. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .