Economic impact of migration to the Middle East on the major Asian labour sending countries - an overview
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rashid Amjad, 1986. "Impact of Workers' Remittances from the Middle East on Pakistan's Economy: Some Selected Issues," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 25(4), pages 757-785.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saith, A., 1991. "Adding injury to insult : a first estimate of financial losses of Indian migrant workers fleeing the Gulf crisis, 1990," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18826, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Mohammad, Irfan, 1999. "Emigration from Pakistan - 1947-97," MPRA Paper 38623, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shahnaz Kazi, 1994. "Reabsorption of Returning Workers from the Gulf: The Asian Experience," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 33(4), pages 1333-1344.
- de Haan, Arjan, 2006. "Migration in the Development Studies Literature: Has It Come Out of Its Marginality?," WIDER Working Paper Series 019, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mohammad, Irfan, 1999. "Changing patterns of Pakistani emigrants and institutional framework," MPRA Paper 38620, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edgard R. Rodriguez & Susan Horton, 1995. "International Return Migration and Remittances in the Philippines," Working Papers horton-95-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsLabour Migration; Migrant Workers; Pakistan; East Asia; South Asia;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .