Economic impact of migration to the Middle East on the major Asian labour sending countries - an overview
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rashid Amjad, 1986. "Impact of Workers' Remittances from the Middle East on Pakistan's Economy: Some Selected Issues," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 25(4), pages 757-785.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saith, A., 1991. "Adding injury to insult : a first estimate of financial losses of Indian migrant workers fleeing the Gulf crisis, 1990," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18826, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Mohammad, Irfan, 1999. "Emigration from Pakistan - 1947-97," MPRA Paper 38623, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shahnaz Kazi, 1994. "Reabsorption of Returning Workers from the Gulf: The Asian Experience," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 33(4), pages 1333-1344.
- de Haan, Arjan, 2006. "Migration in the Development Studies Literature: Has It Come Out of Its Marginality?," WIDER Working Paper Series 019, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mohammad, Irfan, 1999. "Changing patterns of Pakistani emigrants and institutional framework," MPRA Paper 38620, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edgard R. Rodriguez & Susan Horton, 1995. "International Return Migration and Remittances in the Philippines," Working Papers horton-95-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsLabour Migration; Migrant Workers; Pakistan; East Asia; South Asia;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.