The economy of Spain in the eurozone before and after the crisis of 2008
In common with the other periphery countries that joined the euro-zone in 1998-2000, Spain enjoyed ten years of economic prosperity, essentially debt-financed. The financial crisis of 2008 has revealed deep structural problems in the euro-zone, but also among Spain’s fiscally autonomous regions, which differ from the financial problems faced by the other European periphery countries. But the Spanish problems with de-leveraging suggest further difficulties for the euro-zone as it attempts to implement sterner budgetary controls over member states.
|Date of creation:||20 Feb 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Neal,Larry, 2007.
"The Economics of Europe and the European Union,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521864510, November.
- Neal,Larry, 2007. "The Economics of Europe and the European Union," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521683012, Diciembre.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Hutchison, Michael & Jinjarak, Yothin, 2013. "What is the risk of European sovereign debt defaults? Fiscal space, CDS spreads and market pricing of risk," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 37-59.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Hutchison, Michael & Jinjarak, Yothin, 2011. "What is the Risk of European Sovereign Debt Defaults? Fiscal Space, CDS Spreads and Market Pricing of Risk," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt2914v9fh, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Joshua Aizenman & Michael M. Hutchison & Yothin Jinjarak, 2011. "What is the Risk of European Sovereign Debt Defaults? Fiscal Space, CDS Spreads and Market Pricing of Risk," NBER Working Papers 17407, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- El-Agraa,Ali (ed.), 2007. "The European Union," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521874434, Diciembre. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.