Shocks on the Romanian foreign exchange market before and after the global crisis
This paper explores some changes induced on the Romanian foreign exchange market by the global crisis. We study these changes from the perspective of number and intensity of the shocks occurred before and after the global crisis. We found some significant differences, explainable not only by the direct effects of the crisis, but also by the intervention of the National Bank of Romania.
|Date of creation:||03 Jun 2011|
|Date of revision:||09 Feb 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eichengreen, Barry & Gullapalli, Rachita & Panizza, Ugo, 2011.
"Capital account liberalization, financial development and industry growth: A synthetic view,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1090-1106, October.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Gullapalli, Rachita & Panizza, Ugo, 2009. "Capital account liberalization, financial development and industry growth: a synthetic view," POLIS Working Papers 128, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- John M. Griffin & Rene M. Stulz, 1997.
"International Competition and Exchange Rate Shocks: A Cross-Country Industry Analysis of Stock Returns,"
NBER Working Papers
6243, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griffin, John M & Stulz, Rene M, 2001. "International Competition and Exchange Rate Shocks: A Cross-Country Industry Analysis of Stock Returns," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 215-41.
- Atkins, Allen B. & Dyl, Edward A., 1990. "Price Reversals, Bid-Ask Spreads, and Market Efficiency," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(04), pages 535-547, December.
- Martin Eichenbaum & Charles L. Evans, 1995. "Some Empirical Evidence on the Effects of Shocks to Monetary Policy on Exchange Rates," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 975-1009.
- Istvan Konya & Peter Benczur, 2005. "Real Effects of Nominal Exchange Rate Shocks," 2005 Meeting Papers 51, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- George Fane, 2005. "Post-crisis monetary and exchange rate policies in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailands," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 175-195.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36560. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.