Financial liberalization and macroeconomic performance, empirical evidence from selected Asian countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Muhammad Wajid Raza & Hassan Muhsin, 2013. "Financial Liberalization and Macroeconomic Performance: Empirical Evidence from Selected Asian Countries," International Journal of Financial Economics, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 1(1), pages 16-27.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2001. "Capital Mobility and Economic Performance: Are Emerging Economies Different?," NBER Working Papers 8076, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansson, Pontus & Jonung, Lars, 1997.
"Finance and economic growth: the case of Sweden 1834-1991,"
Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 275-301, September.
- Hansson, Pontus & Jonung, Lars, 1997. "Finance and Economic Growth. The Case of Sweden 1834-1991," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 176, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1992.
"Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America,"
13843, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1995. "Capital inflows to Latin America with reference to the Asian experience," MPRA Paper 13840, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Demetriades, Panicos O. & Hussein, Khaled A., 1996.
"Does financial development cause economic growth? Time-series evidence from 16 countries,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 387-411, December.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Khaled A.Hussein, 1995. "Does Financial Development Cause Economic Growth? Time-Series Evidence from 16 Countries," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 95/13, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Fazal Husain & Tariq Mahmood, 2001. "The Stock Market and the Economy in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 40(2), pages 107-114.
- Beck, Thorsten, 2002.
"Financial development and international trade: Is there a link?,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 107-131, June.
- Beck, Thorsten, 2001. "Financial development and international trade : is there a link?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2608, The World Bank.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Abdul Qayyum & Saeed Ahmed Sheikh, 2005.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: The Case of Pakistan,"
The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(4), pages 819-837.
- Khan, Arshad & Qayyum, Abdul & Sheikh, Saeed, 2005. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: The Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 2145, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2005.
- Thomas Barnebeck Andersen & Finn Tarp, 2003. "Financial liberalization, financial development and economic growth in LDCs," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 189-209.
- King, Robert G. & Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance, entrepreneurship and growth: Theory and evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 513-542, December.
- Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano, 1994. "Saving, Growth, and Liquidity Constraints," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(1), pages 83-109.
- Iimi, Atsushi, 2004. "Banking sector reforms in Pakistan: economies of scale and scope, and cost complementarities," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 507-528, June.
- Kevin C. Murdock & Thomas F. Hellmann & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "Liberalization, Moral Hazard in Banking, and Prudential Regulation: Are Capital Requirements Enough?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 147-165, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Archi Bhatia & Hans Raj Sharma, 2019. "Financial liberalization and channels of growth: a comparative study of developed and emerging economies," Indian Economic Review, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 81-119, June.
- Zahoor Hussain Javed & Huma Huma Rao & Bader Akram & Muhammad Fayyaz Nazir, 2015. "Effect of Financial Leverage on Performance of the Firms: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 65(1-2), pages 87-95, January-M.
- Raza, Muhammad Wajid, 2013. "Affect of financial leverage on firm performance. Empirical evidence from Karachi Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 50383, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sami Ur Rahman & Ihtesham Khan & Muhammad Faizan Malik, 2018. "The Impact of Political Activities on PSX: The Evidence from Pakistan," Global Economics Review, Humanity Only, vol. 3(2), pages 55-66, December.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial liberalization; financial depth. Economic growth;
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- N20 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - General, International, or Comparative
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2011-11-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-FDG-2011-11-14 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-MAC-2011-11-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-OPM-2011-11-14 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
- NEP-SEA-2011-11-14 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34559. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.