Human Capital Formation during Communism and Transition: Evidence from Bulgaria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ludger Wößmann, 2003.
"Specifying Human Capital,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 239-270, July.
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2003. "Specifying human capital," Munich Reprints in Economics 19660, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2000. "Specifying Human Capital: A Review, Some Extensions, and Development Effects," Kiel Working Papers 1007, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Heller-Sahlgren, Gabriel & Jordahl, Henrik, 2021. "Test Scores and Economic Growth: Update and Extension," Working Paper Series 1408, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Daren, Conrad, 2007. "Education and Economic Growth: Is There a Link?," MPRA Paper 18176, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Anabela Queirós & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2014. "Economic growth, human capital and structural change: an empirical analysis," FEP Working Papers 549, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Ludger Wößmann, 2006.
"Bildungspolitische Lehren aus den internationalen Schülertests: Wettbewerb, Autonomie und externe Leistungsüberprüfung,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7(3), pages 417-444, August.
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2006. "Bildungspolitische Lehren aus den internationalen Schülertests: Wettbewerb, Autonomie und externe Leistungsüberprüfung," Munich Reprints in Economics 19653, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Satis Devkota & Shankar Ghimire & Mukti Upadhyay, 2021. "What Factors in Nepal Account for the Rural–Urban Discrepancy in Human Capital? Evidence from Household Survey Data," Economies, MDPI, vol. 9(2), pages 1-14, May.
- Emanuele Felice, 2012. "Regional convergence in Italy, 1891–2001: testing human and social capital," Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 6(3), pages 267-306, October.
- Warning, Susanne & Dürrenberger, Nicole, 2015. "Corruption and education: Does public financing of higher education matter?," VfS Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112836, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Christian Lumpe & Claudia Lumpe, 2017. "German emigration via Bremen in the Weimar Republic (1920–1932)," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201753, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Claude DIEBOLT & Ralph HIPPE, 2017.
"Regional human capital inequality in Europe in the long run, 1850-2010,"
Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 45, pages 5-30.
- Claude Diebolt & Ralph Hippe, 2016. "Regional human capital inequality in Europe in the long run, 1850 – 2010," Working Papers of BETA 2016-33, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Claude Diebolt & Ralph Hippe, 2016. "Regional human capital inequality in Europe in the long run, 1850 – 2010," Working Papers 09-16, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Marcelo Soto, 2006.
"The Causal Effect of Education on Aggregate Income,"
0605, International Economics Institute, University of Valencia.
- Marcelo Soto, 2009. "The causal effect of education on aggregate income," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 779.09, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Marcelo Soto, 2009. "The causal effect of education on aggregate income," Working Papers 394, Barcelona School of Economics.
- Barry P. Bosworth & Susan M. Collins, 2003. "The Empirics of Growth: An Update," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(2), pages 113-206.
- Ludger Wößmann, 2005. "Kleinere Klassen = bessere Leistungen?," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 58(17), pages 06-15, September.
- Kaarsen, Nicolai, 2014. "Cross-country differences in the quality of schooling," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 215-224.
- Gilberto Antonelli & Roberto Antonietti & Giovanni Guidetti, 2010.
"Organizational Change, Skill Formation, Human Capital Measurement: Evidence From Italian Manufacturing Firms,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 206-247, April.
- G. Antonelli & R. Antonietti & G. Guidetti, 2009. "Organizational Change, Skill Formation, Human Capital Measurement: Evidence From Italian Manufacturing Firms," Working Papers 661, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Miguel Portela & Rob Alessie & Coen Teulings, 2010.
"Measurement Error in Education and Growth Regressions,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 112(3), pages 618-639, September.
- M. Portela & C.N. Teulings & R. Alessie, 2004. "Measurement Error in Education and Growth Regressions," Working Papers 04-14, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Miguel Portela & Rob Alessie & Coenraad N. Teulings, 2006. "Measurement Error in Education and Growth Regressions," CESifo Working Paper Series 1677, CESifo.
- Alessie, Rob & Portela, Miguel & Teulings, Coen N, 2004. "Measurement Error in Education and Growth Regressions," CEPR Discussion Papers 4637, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Portela, Miguel & Alessie, Rob & Teulings, Coen, 2004. "Measurement Error in Education and Growth Regressions," IZA Discussion Papers 1165, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Miguel Portela & Rob Alessie & Coen N. Teulings, 2004. "Measurement Error in Education and Growth Regressions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-040/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 24 Nov 2005.
- Zhu, Yanyuan & Feng, Xiao, 2014. "China's national production function since 1997: A reinvestigation," Working Papers in Economics 2014,2, Bundeswehr University Munich, Economic Research Group.
- Middendorf Torge, 2006.
"Human Capital and Economic Growth in OECD Countries,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 226(6), pages 670-686, December.
- Middendorf, Torge, 2005. "Human Capital and Economic Growth in OECD Countries," RWI Discussion Papers 30, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Conrad, Daren, 2017. "Education's Contribution to Economic Growth," MPRA Paper 77365, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schillaci Carmela Elita & Romano Marco & Nicotra Melita, 2013. "Territory’s Absorptive Capacity," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 109-126, January.
- Heller-Sahlgren, Gabriel & Jordahl, Henrik, 2023. "Test scores and economic growth: update and extension," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 118145, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
Keywordshuman capital; communism; transition; human capital formation; determinants of human capital; labour market policies in communism;
All these keywords.
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- P2 - Political Economy and Comparative Economic Systems - - Socialist and Transition Economies
- J48 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Particular Labor Markets; Public Policy
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- N34 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: 1913-
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2011-10-22 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-HRM-2011-10-22 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2011-10-22 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2011-10-22 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.