Knowledge cluster formation as a science policy: lessons learned
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael E. Porter, 2000. "Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 14(1), pages 15-34, February.
- Shahid Yusuf & Kaoru Nabeshima, 2009. "Tiger Economies Under Threat : A Comparative Analysis of Malaysia's Industrial Prospects and Policy Options," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2680, June.
- Swann, G. M. Peter & Prevezer, Martha & Stout, David (ed.), 1998. "The Dynamics of Industrial Clustering: International Comparisons in Computing and Biotechnology," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198289593.
- Evers, Hans-Dieter & Gerke, Solvay & Menkhoff, Thomas, 2010. "Knowledge Clusters and Knowledge Hubs: Designing Epistemic Landscapes for Development," MPRA Paper 33956, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Oct 2011.
- Thomas Menkhoff & Hans-Dieter Evers & Yue Wah Chay (ed.), 2010. "Governing and Managing Knowledge in Asia," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number 7526, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Menkhoff, Thomas & Evers, Hans-Dieter, 2011. "The governance of Singapore’s knowledge clusters: off shore marine business and waterhub," MPRA Paper 33979, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evers, Hans-Dieter, 2013. "The Governance of Knowledge," MPRA Paper 44881, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 03 Mar 2013.
- Purwaningrum, Farah & Evers, Hans-Dieter & Ariff Lim, Syamimi & Anthony Banyouko, Ndah, 2014. "The Governance of Knowledge: Perspectives from Brunei Darussalam and Malaysia," MPRA Paper 55170, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsScience policy; knowledge and development; knowledge-based economy; knowledge clusters; knowledge corridors; Malaysia; Vietnam;
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-10-15 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-HME-2011-10-15 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-KNM-2011-10-15 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2011-10-15 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-SEA-2011-10-15 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33978. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.