Annual City Festivals as Tools for Sustainable Competitiveness: The World Port Days Rotterdam
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bill Hopwood & Mary Mellor & Geoff O'Brien, 2005. "Sustainable development: mapping different approaches," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 38-52.
- Camagni, Roberto & Capello, Roberta & Nijkamp, Peter, 1998. "Towards sustainable city policy: an economy-environment technology nexus," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 103-118, January.
- Harald Bathelt & Nina Schuldt, 2008. "Between Luminaires and Meat Grinders: International Trade Fairs as Temporary Clusters," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 853-868.
- Kevin Fox Gotham, 2002. "Marketing Mardi Gras: Commodification, Spectacle and the Political Economy of Tourism in New Orleans," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(10), pages 1735-1756, September.
- Michael E. Porter, 2000. "Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 14(1), pages 15-34, February.
- Borghini, Stefania & Golfetto, Francesca & Rinallo, Diego, 2006. "Ongoing search among industrial buyers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(10-11), pages 1151-1159, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ying Zheng & Jingzhu Zhao & Guofan Shao, 2020. "Port City Sustainability: A Review of Its Research Trends," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(20), pages 1-17, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Martin M�ller & Allison Stewart, 2016. "Does Temporary Geographical Proximity Predict Learning? Knowledge Dynamics in the Olympic Games," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(3), pages 377-390, March.
- Rachael Gibson & Harald Bathelt, 2014. "Proximity relations and global knowledge flows: specialization and diffusion processes across capitalist varieties," Chapters, in: André Torre & Frédéric Wallet (ed.), Regional Development and Proximity Relations, chapter 9, pages 291-314, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Niki Derlukiewicz & Anna Mempel-Śnieżyk & Dominika Mankowska & Arkadiusz Dyjakon & Stanisław Minta & Tomasz Pilawka, 2020. "How do Clusters Foster Sustainable Development? An Analysis of EU Policies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-15, February.
- Gibson Rachael & Bathelt Harald, 2014. "Field configuration or field reproduction?," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 58(1), pages 216-231, October.
- Pinget, Amandine, 2016. "Spécificités des déterminants des innovations environnementales : une approche appliquée aux PME [Specificities of determinants for environmental innovation : an approach applied to SMEs]," MPRA Paper 80108, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert Huggins & Piers Thompson, 2015. "Entrepreneurship, innovation and regional growth: a network theory," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 103-128, June.
- Maria-Dolores Pitarch-Garrido, 2018. "Social Sustainability in Metropolitan Areas: Accessibility and Equity in the Case of the Metropolitan Area of Valencia (Spain)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-16, January.
- Huasheng Zhu & Kebi Chen & Yunlong Lian, 2018. "Do Temporary Creative Clusters Promote Innovation in an Emerging Economy?—A Case Study of the Beijing Design Week," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-21, March.
- Michael E. Cummings & Alan Gamlen, 2019. "Diaspora engagement institutions and venture investment activity in developing countries," Journal of International Business Policy, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 2(4), pages 289-313, December.
- Anthony J. Evans, 2016. "The unintended consequences of easy money: How access to finance impedes entrepreneurship," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 29(3), pages 233-252, September.
- Getz, Donald & Page, Stephen J., 2016. "Progress and prospects for event tourism research," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 593-631.
- George A. Erickcek & Hannah McKinney, 2004. "Small Cities Blues: Looking for Growth Factors in Small and Medium-Sized Cities," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 04-100, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Rapanna, Patta, 2018. "The Development of Tourism Based on Local Wisdom in Indonesia," INA-Rxiv 5ayft, Center for Open Science.
- Aaron B. Gertz & James B. Davies & Samantha L. Black, 2019.
"A CGE Framework for Modeling the Economics of Flooding and Recovery in a Major Urban Area,"
Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 39(6), pages 1314-1341, June.
- Aaron B. Gertz & James Davies, 2015. "A CGE Framework for Modelling the Economics of Flooding and Recovery in a Major Urban Area," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20152, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Piotr Nowaczyk, 2018. "The Concept Of Development Of West Pomerania'S Coastal Areas Based On The Polarizaton-Diffusion Model," Business Logistics in Modern Management, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Faculty of Economics, Croatia, vol. 18, pages 419-435.
- Yu Wang & Shanyong Wang & Jing Wang & Jiuchang Wei & Chenglin Wang, 2020. "An empirical study of consumers’ intention to use ride-sharing services: using an extended technology acceptance model," Transportation, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 397-415, February.
- Víctor G. Alfaro-García & Anna M. Gil-Lafuente & Gerardo G. Alfaro Calderón, 2017. "A fuzzy approach to a municipality grouping model towards creation of synergies," Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 391-408, September.
- Camelia Moraru & Romana Emilia Cramarenco, 2014. "Methodological Diversity In The Study Of Innovation. The Place And Role Of Innovative Industrial Clusters Research Methodology," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 8(1), pages 54-68, JUNE.
- Mikaela Backman & Charlie Karlsson, 2016.
"Determinants of self-employment among commuters and non-commuters,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 755-774, November.
- Backman, Mikaela & Karlsson, Charlie, 2014. "Determinants of self-employment among commuters and non-commuters," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 365, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Espinoza-Tenorio, Alejandro & Espejel, Ileana & Wolff, Matthias, 2015. "From adoption to implementation? An academic perspective on Sustainable Fisheries Management in a developing country," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 252-260.
More about this item
Keywordscity festivals; sustainable competitiveness; port-city; Rotterdam;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jecomi:v:4:y:2016:i:2:p:11-:d:70617. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: XML Conversion Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.