Phénomènes financiers et mélange de lois : Une nouvelle méthode d’estimation des paramètres
The main aim of this paper is to examine the qualities of the mixed diffusion-jump process whose parameters are random variables. The hypothesis of a Wiener geometric process applied to exchange rate has become doubtful at the beginning of the nineties, fact determined by a high leptokurtosis of the empirical distributions. The alternative of another distribution was studied in several articles. The mathematical model proposed in this paper has as fundamental hypothesis the fact that the distribution of the continuous part of the changes in the logarithms of exchange rate is a mixture of normals whose parameters are random variables.
|Date of creation:||06 Oct 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Domowitz, Ian & Hakkio, Craig S., 1985. "Conditional variance and the risk premium in the foreign exchange market," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 47-66, August.
- Jarrow, Robert A & Rosenfeld, Eric R, 1984. "Jump Risks and the Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(3), pages 337-351, July.
- Kim, Myung-Jig & Oh, Young-Ho & Brooks, Robert, 1994. "Are Jumps in Stock Returns Diversifiable? Evidence and Implications for Option Pricing," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(04), pages 609-631, December.
- Bates, David S, 1996. "Jumps and Stochastic Volatility: Exchange Rate Processes Implicit in Deutsche Mark Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 69-107.
- Philippe Jorion, 1988. "On Jump Processes in the Foreign Exchange and Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(4), pages 427-445.
- Stefano Herzel, 2000. "Option pricing with stochastic volatility models," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 23(2), pages 75-99.
- Boothe, Paul & Glassman, Debra, 1987. "The statistical distribution of exchange rates: Empirical evidence and economic implications," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3-4), pages 297-319, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33909. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.