A new method for approximating vector autoregressive processes by finite-state Markov chains
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tauchen, George & Hussey, Robert, 1991. "Quadrature-Based Methods for Obtaining Approximate Solutions to Nonlinear Asset Pricing Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 371-396, March.
- Tauchen, George, 1986. "Finite state markov-chain approximations to univariate and vector autoregressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 177-181.
- Galindev, Ragchaasuren & Lkhagvasuren, Damba, 2010.
"Discretization of highly persistent correlated AR(1) shocks,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1260-1276, July.
- Lkhagvasuren, Damba & Galindev, Ragchaasuren, 2008. "Discretization of highly persistent correlated AR(1) shocks," MPRA Paper 22523, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Damba Lkhagvasuren & Ragchaasuren Galindev, 2008. "Discretization of Highly-Persistent Correlated AR(1) Shocks," Working Papers 08012, Concordia University, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2008.
- Karen Kopecky & Richard Suen, 2010.
"Finite State Markov-chain Approximations to Highly Persistent Processes,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 13(3), pages 701-714, July.
- Kopecky, Karen A. & Suen, Richard M. H., 2009. "Finite State Markov-Chain Approximations to Highly Persistent Processes," MPRA Paper 15122, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kopecky, Karen A. & Suen, Richard M. H., 2009. "Finite State Markov-Chain Approximations to Highly Persistent Processes," MPRA Paper 17201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karen A. Kopecky & Richard M. H. Suen, 2009. "Finite State Markov-Chain Approximations to Highly Persistent Processes," Working Papers 200904, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics, revised May 2009.
- Flodén, Martin, 2008.
"A note on the accuracy of Markov-chain approximations to highly persistent AR(1) processes,"
Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 516-520, June.
- Floden, Martin, 2007. "A Note on the Accuracy of Markov-Chain Approximations to Highly Persistent AR(1)-Processes," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 656, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Terry, Stephen J. & Knotek II, Edward S., 2011.
"Markov-chain approximations of vector autoregressions: Application of general multivariate-normal integration techniques,"
Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 4-6, January.
- Edward S. Knotek & Stephen J. Terry, 2008. "Markov-chain approximations of vector autoregressions: application of general multivariate-normal integration techniques," Research Working Paper RWP 08-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- James H. Stock & Jonathan Wright, 2000. "GMM with Weak Identification," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1055-1096, September.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Heaton, John & Yaron, Amir, 1996. "Finite-Sample Properties of Some Alternative GMM Estimators," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(3), pages 262-280, July.
- Tauchen, George, 1986. "Statistical Properties of Generalized Method-of-Moments Estimators of Structural Parameters Obtained from Financial Market Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 4(4), pages 397-416, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Douglas J. Miller & George Judge, 2015. "Information Recovery in a Dynamic Statistical Markov Model," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(2), pages 1-12, March.
More about this item
KeywordsMarkov Chain; Vector Autoregressive Processes; Functional Equation; Numerical Methods; Moment Matching; Numerical Integration;
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2011-10-15 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2011-10-15 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-ORE-2011-10-15 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33827. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.