Mathematics as the role model for neoclassical economics (Blanqui Lecture)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicola Giocoli, 2003. "History of economics becomes a science for cyborgs," History of Economic Ideas, Fabrizio Serra Editore, Pisa - Roma, vol. 11(2), pages 109-127.
- Debreu, Gerard, 1984.
"Economic Theory in the Mathematical Mode,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 267-278, June.
- Nicola Giocoli, 2003. "Modeling Rational Agents," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2585, June.
- Mirowski,Philip, 2002. "Machine Dreams," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521772839.
- Mirowski,Philip, 2002. "Machine Dreams," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521775267.
- William C. Brainard & Herbert E. Scarf, 2000. "How to Compute Equilibrium Prices in 1891," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1272, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1985. "Experimental Economics: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 264-272, March.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Vernon Smith, 2005. "Hayek and Experimental Economics," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 18(2), pages 135-144, June.
- Nicola Giocoli, 2001. "Fixing the point: the contribution of early game theory to the tool-box of modern economics," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 1-39.
- Michael V. White, 2004. "In the Lobby of the Energy Hotel: Jevons's Formulation of the Postclassical “Economic Problem”," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 36(2), pages 227-271, Summer.
- Ortmann, Andreas, 2003. "Charles R. Plott's collected papers on the experimental foundations of economic and political science," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 555-575, August.
- Morris Altman, 2004. "The Nobel Prize in behavioral and experimental economics: a contextual and critical appraisal of the contributions of Daniel Kahneman and Cernon Smith," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 3-41.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giocoli, Nicola, 2008. "Three alternative (?) stories on the late 20th-century rise of game theory," MPRA Paper 33808, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicola Giocoli, 2014.
"Games judges don't play: predatory pricing and strategic reasoning in US antitrust,"
Supreme Court Economic Review,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 271-330.
- Giocoli, Nicola, 2010. "Games judges don't play: predatory pricing and strategic reasoning in US antitrust," MPRA Paper 33810, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsAxiomatic method; formalism; rationality; neoclassical economics;
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- B20 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33806. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .