Time preference and cyclical endogenous growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker & Casey B. Mulligan, 1997.
"The Endogenous Determination of Time Preference,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 729-758.
- Becker, G.S. & Mulligan, C.B., 1994. "On the Endogenous Determination of Time Preference," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 94-2, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Gary S. Becker & Casey B. Mulligan, 1994. "On the Endogenous Determination of Time Preference," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 98, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Christiano, Lawrence J. & G. Harrison, Sharon, 1999.
"Chaos, sunspots and automatic stabilizers,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 3-31, August.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Sharon G. Harrison, 1996. "Chaos, sunspots, and automatic stabilizers," Staff Report 214, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Sharon G. Harrison, 1996. "Chaos, sunspots, and automatic stabilizers," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues WP-96-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, revised 1996.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Sharon G. Harrison, 1996. "Chaos, Sunspots, and Automatic Stabilizers," NBER Working Papers 5703, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boldrin, Michele & Nishimura, Kazuo & Shigoka, Tadashi & Yano, Makoto, 2001. "Chaotic Equilibrium Dynamics in Endogenous Growth Models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-2), pages 97-132, January.
- Jean-Pierre Drugeon, 1998. "A model with endogenously determined cycles, discounting and growth," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 12(2), pages 349-369.
- Balasko Yves & Ghiglino Christian, 1995. "On the Existence of Endogenous Cycles," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 566-577, December.
- Caballe, Jordi & Jarque, Xavier & Michetti, Elisabetta, 2006.
"Chaotic dynamics in credit constrained emerging economies,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1261-1275, August.
- Jordi Caballé & Xavier Jarque & Elisabetta Michetti, 2004. "Chaotic Dynamics in Credit Constrained Emerging Economies," Working Papers 121, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jordi Caballe & Xavier Jarque & Elisabetta Michetti, 2004. "Chaotic Dynamics in Credit Constrained Emerging Economies," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 605.04, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Meng, Qinglai, 2006. "Impatience and equilibrium indeterminacy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2671-2692, December.
- Medio,Alfredo & Lines,Marji, 2001. "Nonlinear Dynamics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521558747, April.
- Samwick, Andrew A., 1998.
"Discount rate heterogeneity and social security reform,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 117-146, October.
- Andrew A. Samwick, 1997. "Discount Rate Heterogeneity and Social Security Reform," NBER Working Papers 6219, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cellarier, Laurent, 2006. "Constant gain learning and business cycles," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 51-85, March.
- Jerry A. Hausman, 1979. "Individual Discount Rates and the Purchase and Utilization of Energy-Using Durables," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 33-54, Spring.
- Guo, Jang-Ting & Lansing, Kevin J., 2002.
"Fiscal Policy, Increasing Returns, And Endogenous Fluctuations,"
Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(5), pages 633-664, November.
- Jang-Ting Guo & Kevin J. Lansing, 1999. "Fiscal policy, increasing returns, and endogenous fluctuations," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 99-08, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- repec:cup:macdyn:v:6:y:2002:i:5:p:633-64 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lawrance, Emily C, 1991. "Poverty and the Rate of Time Preference: Evidence from Panel Data," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(1), pages 54-77, February.
- Palivos, Theodore & Wang, Ping & Zhang, Jianbo, 1997. "On the Existence of Balanced Growth Equilibrium," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(1), pages 205-224, February.
- Medio,Alfredo & Lines,Marji, 2001. "Nonlinear Dynamics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521551861, April.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Sorger, Gerhard & Yano, Makoto, 1994. "Ergodic Chaos in Optimal Growth Models with Low Discount Rates," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 4(5), pages 705-717, August.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Yano, Makoto, 1995. "Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos in Optimal Growth: An Example," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 981-1001, July.
- Drugeon, Jean-Pierre, 1996. "Impatience and long-run growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 281-313.
- Epstein, Larry G., 1987. "A simple dynamic general equilibrium model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 68-95, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mauro Sodini, 2011. "Local and Global Dynamics in an Overlapping Generations Model with Endogenous Time Discounting," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 38(3), pages 277-293, October.
More about this item
KeywordsTime preference; Endogenous growth; Endogenous fluctuations; Quasiperiodic orbits;
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.