What happened to efficiency in electricity industries after reforms?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Erkan, Erdogdu, 2011. "What happened to efficiency in electricity industries after reforms?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6551-6560, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yin-Fang Zhang & David Parker & Colin Kirkpatrick, 2008.
"Electricity sector reform in developing countries: an econometric assessment of the effects of privatization, competition and regulation,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 159-178, April.
- Zhang, Yin-Fang & Kirkpatrick, Colin & Parker, David, 2002. "Electricity Sector Reform in Developing Countries: An Econometric Assessment of the Effects of Privatisation, Competition and Regulation," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30593, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2011.
"The impact of power market reforms on electricity price-cost margins and cross-subsidy levels: A cross country panel data analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1080-1092, March.
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2010. "Electricity Market Reform: Lessons for developing countries," MPRA Paper 27317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2011. "The impact of power market reforms on electricity price-cost margins and cross-subsidy levels: a cross country panel data analysis," MPRA Paper 28414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Faye Steiner, 2003. "Regulation, industry structure and performance in the electricity supply industry," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2001(1), pages 143-182.
- Carlo Fiorio & Massimo Florio & Raffaele Doronzo, 2007. "The Electricity Industry Reform Paradigm in the European Union: Testing the Impact on Consumers," UNIMI - Research Papers in Economics, Business, and Statistics unimi-1066, Universitá degli Studi di Milano.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Newbery, David & Pollitt, Michael, 2005. "Core indicators for determinants and performance of the electricity sector in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3599, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2010. "World Development Indicators 2010," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 4373.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karahan, Hatice & Toptas, Mehmet, 2013. "The effect of power distribution privatization on electricity prices in Turkey: Has liberalization served the purpose?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 614-621.
- repec:eco:journ2:2017-03-02 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:12:y:2014:i:3:p:19126463 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Bastianin & Paolo Castelnovo & Massimo Florio, 2017.
"The Empirics of Regulatory Reforms Proxied by Categorical Variables: Recent Findings and Methodological Issues,"
2017.22, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Andrea Bastianin & Paolo Castelnovo & Massimo Florio, 2018. "Evaluating regulatory reform of network industries: a survey of empirical models based on categorical proxies," Papers 1810.03348, arXiv.org.
- Bastianin, Andrea & Castelnovo, Paolo & Florio, Massimo, 2017. "The empirics of regulatory reforms proxied by categorical variables: recent findings and methodological issues," MPRA Paper 78256, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:aen:journl:ej38-3-stengos is not listed on IDEAS
- Pompei, Fabrizio, 2013. "Heterogeneous effects of regulation on the efficiency of the electricity industry across European Union countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 569-585.
- Antonio Estache & StÃ©phane Saussier, 2014. "Public-Private Partnerships and Efficiency: A Short Assessment," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 12(3), pages 08-13, October.
More about this item
KeywordsModels with panel data (C33); model construction and estimation (C51); electric utilities (L94); power market reform; electricity industry efficiency;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2011-08-09 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2011-08-09 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2011-08-09 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:32483. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.