Does improved sanitation reduce diarrhea in children in rural India?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Santosh Kumar & Sebastian Vollmer, 2012. "Does Improved Sanitation Reduce Diarrhea in Children in Rural India?," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 107, Courant Research Centre PEG.
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Smith, Jeffrey & E. Todd, Petra, 2005.
"Does matching overcome LaLonde's critique of nonexperimental estimators?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 305-353.
- Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 2003. "Does Matching Overcome Lalonde's Critique of Nonexperimental Estimators?," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20035, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Dasgupta, Purnamita, 2004. "Valuing health damages from water pollution in urban Delhi, India: a health production function approach," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 83-106, February.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 2003.
"Does piped water reduce diarrhea for children in rural India?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 153-173, January.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 2001. "Does piped water reduce diarrhea for children in rural India ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2664, The World Bank.
- Keisuke Hirano & Guido W. Imbens & Geert Ridder, 2003.
"Efficient Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Using the Estimated Propensity Score,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1161-1189, July.
- Keisuke Hirano & Guido W. Imbens & Geert Ridder, 2000. "Efficient Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Using the Estimated Propensity Score," NBER Technical Working Papers 0251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guido Imbens, 2000. "Efficient Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Using the Estimated Propensity Score," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1166, Econometric Society.
- Sascha O. Becker & Marco Caliendo, 2007.
"Sensitivity analysis for average treatment effects,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 7(1), pages 71-83, February.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Caliendo, Marco, 2007. "mhbounds – Sensitivity Analysis for Average Treatment Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 2542, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sascha O. Becker & Marco Caliendo, 2007. "mhbounds - Sensitivity Analysis for Average Treatment Effects," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 659, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2008. "Evaluating Anti-Poverty Programs," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Barbara Sianesi, 2004. "An Evaluation of the Swedish System of Active Labor Market Programs in the 1990s," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 133-155, February.
- Watson, Tara, 2006. "Public health investments and the infant mortality gap: Evidence from federal sanitation interventions on U.S. Indian reservations," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1537-1560, September.
- Heckman, James J. & Robb, Richard Jr., 1985. "Alternative methods for evaluating the impact of interventions : An overview," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 239-267.
- Michael Kremer & Alix Peterson Zwane, 2007. "Cost-Effective Prevention of Diarrheal Diseases: A Critical Review," Working Papers 117, Center for Global Development.
- Victoria Yue-May Fan & Ajay Mahal, 2011. "What prevents child diarrhoea? The impacts of water supply, toilets, and hand-washing in rural India," Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 340-370, September.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shakya, Holly B. & Christakis, Nicholas A. & Fowler, James H., 2015. "Social network predictors of latrine ownership," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 129-138.
- Jolène Labbé & James D Ford & Lea Berrang-Ford & Blanaid Donnelly & Shuaib Lwasa & Didacus Bambaiha Namanya & Sabastian Twesigomwe & Sherilee L Harper, 2016. "Vulnerability to the health effects of climate variability in rural southwestern Uganda," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 21(6), pages 931-953, August.
More about this item
KeywordsWater; Sanitation; Diarrhea; Propensity score; Matching; India.;
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-07-02 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2011-07-02 (Health Economics)
- NEP-HME-2011-07-02 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31804. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .