Valuing health damages from water pollution in urban Delhi, India: a health production function approach
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- E. Somanathan, 2010.
"Effects of Information on Environmental Quality in Developing Countries,"
Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 275-292, Summer.
- E. Somanathan, 2010. "Effects of information on environmental quality in developing countries," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 10-04, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Somanathan, E., 2008.
"The importance of being informed: Experimental evidence on demand for environmental quality,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 14-28, August.
- Jyotsna Jalan & E. Somanathan, "undated". "The importance of being informed: experimental evidence on the demand for environmental quality," Working papers 28, The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics.
- Jessoe, Katrina, 2013. "Improved source, improved quality? Demand for drinking water quality in rural India," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 460-475.
- Armand Totouom & Sostaine Romuald Fouéka Tagne & Jonas Ngouhouo Poufoun, 2018.
"Determinants of the avoidance behaviour of households to cope with unsafe drinking water: case study of Douala and Yaoundé in Cameroon,"
Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies, Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 121-148, September.
- Totoum, Armand & Fouéka Tagne, Sostaine Romuald & Ngouhouo Poufoun, Jonas, 2018. "Determinants of the avoidance behaviour of households to cope with unsafe drinking water: case study of Douala and Yaoundé in Cameroon," Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 99(2), April.
- Mokondoko, Pierre & Manson, Robert H. & PÃ©rez-Maqueo, Octavio, 2016. "Assessing the service of water quality regulation by quantifying the effects of land use on water quality and public health in central Veracruz, Mexico," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PA), pages 161-173.
- Atreya, Kishor, 2008. "Health costs from short-term exposure to pesticides in Nepal," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 511-519, August.
- Cuong Nguyen Viet & Thieu Vu, 2013.
"The impact of piped water on household welfare: evidence from Vietnam,"
Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(9), pages 1332-1358, November.
- Nguyen Viet Cuong & Vu Thieu & Pham Minh Thu & Nguyen Xuan Truong, 2016. "The Impact of Piped Water on Household Welfare: Evidence from Vietnam," EEPSEA Research Report rr2016044, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Apr 2016.
- Santosh, Kumar & Sebastian, Vollmer, 2011.
"Does improved sanitation reduce diarrhea in children in rural India?,"
31804, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Santosh Kumar & Sebastian Vollmer, 2012. "Does Improved Sanitation Reduce Diarrhea in Children in Rural India?," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 107, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Debasish Kumar Das & Md. Sariful Islam & Sheikh Hadiujjaman & Champa Bati Dutta & Md. Manjur Morshed, 2019. "Health cost of salinity contamination in drinking water: evidence from Bangladesh," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 21(3), pages 371-397, July.
- Totouom Fotue Luc Armand & Sostaine Romuald Foueka Tagne & Jonas Ngouhouo Poufoun, 2018. "Demand For Improved Water Quality: An Analysis of Averting Actions by Cameroonian Households," Working Papers 345, African Economic Research Consortium, Research Department.
- Raffin, Natacha & Seegmuller, Thomas, 2014.
"Longevity, pollution and growth,"
Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 22-33.
- Natacha Raffin & Thomas Seegmuller, 2012. "Longevity, Pollution and Growth," Working Papers halshs-00793513, HAL.
- Natacha Raffin & Thomas Seegmuller, 2012. "Longevity, pollution and growth," EconomiX Working Papers 2012-47, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Natacha Raffin & Thomas Seegmuller, 2014. "Longevity, pollution and growth," Post-Print hal-01385921, HAL.
- Natacha Raffin & Thomas Seegmuller, 2012. "Longevity, pollution and growth," AMSE Working Papers 1230, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, France.
- Natacha Raffin & Thomas Seegmuller, 2012. "Longevity, pollution and growth," Working Papers 1210, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Natacha Raffin, 2012. "Children’s environmental health, education, and economic development," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 45(3), pages 996-1022, August.
- Mahanta, Ratul & Chowdhury, Jayashree & Nath, Hiranya K., 2016.
"Health costs of arsenic contamination of drinking water in Assam, India,"
Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 30-42.
- Jayashree Chowdhury & Ratul Mahanta & Hiranya K. Nath, 2015. "Health Costs of Arsenic Contamination of Drinking Water in Assam, India," Working Papers 1503, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Jyotsna Jalan & E.Somanathan, 2004.
"Being informed matters: Experimental evidence on the demand for environmental quality,"
Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers
04-08, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Jyotsna Jalan & E.Somanathan, 2004. "Being informed matters: Experimental evidence on the demand for environmental quality," Discussion Papers 04-08, Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi.
- Gauri Khanna, 2008. "The Impact on Child Health from Access to Water and Sanitation and Other Socioeconomic Factors," IHEID Working Papers 02-2008, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised Jan 2008.
- Leslie Richardson & John B. Loomis & Patricia A. Champ, 2013. "Valuing Morbidity from Wildfire Smoke Exposure: A Comparison of Revealed and Stated Preference Techniques," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(1), pages 76-100.
- Arouri, Mohamed & Ba-Diagne, Bineta & Ben-Youssef, Adel & Besong, Raymond & Nguyen, Cuong, 2014. "Access to improved water, human capital and economic activity in Africa," MPRA Paper 72627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nguyen Viet, Cuong, 2011. "Does Piped Water Improve Household Welfare? Evidence from Vietnam," MPRA Paper 40776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Natacha Raffin, 2009. "Environmental health and education : Towards sustainable growth," Post-Print halshs-00384500, HAL.
- William F. Vásquez & Pallab Mozumder & Dina Franceschi, 2015. "Water Quality, Household Perceptions and Averting Behavior: Evidence from Nicaragua," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(04), pages 1-21, December.
- Thakur, Barun Kumar & Gupta, Vijaya, 2019. "Valuing health damages due to groundwater arsenic contamination in Bihar, India," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 123-132.
- E. Somanathan, 2010. "Effects of information on environmental quality in developing countries," Discussion Papers 10-04, Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi.
- Garg, Teevrat & Hamilton, Stuart E. & Hochard, Jacob P. & Kresch, Evan Plous & Talbot, John, 2018.
"(Not so) gently down the stream: River pollution and health in Indonesia,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 35-53.
- Teevrat Garg & Stuart Hamilton & Jacob Hochard & Evan Plous & John Talbot, 2016. "(Not so) Gently down the stream: river pollution and health in Indonesia," GRI Working Papers 234, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:endeec:v:9:y:2004:i:01:p:83-106_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: https://www.cambridge.org/ede .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.