Factores Claves para la Sostenibilidad de las Alianzas Inter-organizativas: Un caso de Estrategias de Cooperación
[Key Factors for Sustainability of Inter-organizational Alliances: A Case for Cooperation Strategies]
The denomination of the relations of cooperation between companies as Strategic Alliances is the result of more than 20 years of research on this subject. However in XXI century appear new forms in response and adaptation to a turbulent environment. Therefore, the paper presented deals with the study of alliances from an inter-organizational relationships perspective, organizational networks and Resource-based Theory. The main objective is to deepening in the alliance management process from the beginning: motivation for an cooperative strategy and after governance mechanisms, attitudes and interests of the parties or actors involved and finally the performance expected by the partners. This study was based in the hotel business in a caribbean tourist destination, combining the qualitative methodology of case study with a questionnaire method applied to 31 experts; partners and managers of local and foreign companies that have established alliance portfolios in the period 1990-2008.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reuer, Jeffrey J. & Zollo, Maurizio, 2005. "Termination outcomes of research alliances," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 101-115, February.
- García-Canal, Esteban & Duarte, Cristina López & Criado, Josep Rialp & Llaneza, Ana Valdés, 2002. "Accelerating international expansion through global alliances: a typology of cooperative strategies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 91-107, July.
- Jean-François Hennart, 1991. "The Transaction Costs Theory of Joint Ventures: An Empirical Study of Japanese Subsidiaries in the United States," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(4), pages 483-497, April.
- Keith D. Brouthers & Lance Eliot Brouthers, 2003. "Why Service and Manufacturing Entry Mode Choices Differ: The Influence of Transaction Cost Factors, Risk and Trust," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(5), pages 1179-1204, 07.
- Africa Ari�o, 2003. "Measures of strategic alliance performance: an analysis of construct validity," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(1), pages 66-79, January.
- Benjamin Gomes-Casseres, 1990. "Firm Ownership Preferences and Host Government Restrictions: An Integrated Approach," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 21(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Farok J Contractor & Sumit K Kundu, 1998. "Modal Choice in a World of Alliances: Analyzing Organizational Forms in the International Hotel Sector," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 29(2), pages 325-356, June.
- John H Dunning, 1995. "Reappraising the Eclectic Paradigm in an Age of Alliance Capitalism," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(3), pages 461-491, September.
- Shih-Fen S Chen & Jean-Francois Hennart, 2002. "Japanese Investors' Choice of Joint Ventures Versus Wholly-owned Subsidiaries in the US: The Role of Market Barriers and Firm Capabilities," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 33(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Erin Anderson & Hubert Gatignon, 1986. "Modes of Foreign Entry: A Transaction Cost Analysis and Propositions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(3), pages 1-26, September.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-175820 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanjeev Agarwal & Sridhar N Ramaswami, 1992. "Choice of Foreign Market Entry Mode: Impact of Ownership, Location and Internationalization Factors," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Chen, Jean Jinghan & Dimou, Irini, 2005. "Expansion strategy of international hotel firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(12), pages 1730-1740, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.