Linear efficient and symmetric values for TU-games: sharing the joint gain of cooperation
Two well-known single valued solutions for TU-games are the Shapley value and Solidarity value, which verify three properties: Linearity, Symmetry and Efficiency, and the null player axiom. On the other hand, the interpretation of the two values is usually related on the marginal contribution of a player that joins a coalition. The paper generalizes the approach. First, the marginal contribution concept is extended to any valued solution that satisfies the three properties. Second, the null player axiom is also generalized and it is shown that any single valued solution satisfying the three properties is uniquely characterized by a null player axiom. In particular, the paper provides new interpretations, in the sense of marginal contribution, for other well-known single values such as Egalitarian value and Consensus value and also offers the opportunity for recasting in extensive form some well-established results.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yuan Ju & Peter Borm & Pieter Ruys, 2007.
"The consensus value: a new solution concept for cooperative games,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 685-703, June.
- Ju, Y. & Borm, P.E.M. & Ruys, P.H.M., 2007. "The consensus value : A new solution concept for cooperative games," Other publications TiSEM 6cd44a12-a909-47f8-8d85-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ju, Y. & Borm, P.E.M. & Ruys, P.H.M., 2004. "The Consensus Value : A New Solution Concept for Cooperative Games," Discussion Paper 2004-50, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Célestin Chameni Nembua & Nicolas Gabriel Andjiga, 2008. "Linear, efficient and symmetric values for TU-games," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(71), pages 1-10.
- Francisco Sanchez-Sanchez & Ruben Juarez & Luis Hernandez-Lamoneda, 2008. "Solutions without dummy axiom for TU cooperative games," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(1), pages 1-9.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:1:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:71:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- René Brink & Yukihiko Funaki, 2009. "Axiomatizations of a Class of Equal Surplus Sharing Solutions for TU-Games," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 67(3), pages 303-340, September.
- Nowak, Andrzej S & Radzik, Tadeusz, 1994. "A Solidarity Value for n-Person Transferable Utility Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 43-48.
- van den Brink, Rene, 2007. "Null or nullifying players: The difference between the Shapley value and equal division solutions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 767-775, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.