« Appliquer la théorie économique de l’équilibre général » : de Walras à Leontief
[Applying general equilibrium theory: from Walras to Leontief]
The way the expresssion "applied economics" was employed changed deeply from one author to another. In this article we examine the meaning of this concept in Leon Walras' and Wassily Leontief's works regarding mathematical models of general interdependence and general equilibrium. It appears that empirical analysis played very different roles in their works but that they both considered economics should develop policy-oriented theory.
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heinz Kurz & Neri Salvadori, 2000. "'Classical' Roots of Input-Output Analysis: A Short Account of its Long Prehistory," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 153-179.
- Roger E. Backhouse & Jeff Biddle, 2000. "The Concept of Applied Economics: A History of Ambiguity and Multiple Meanings," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 32(5), pages 1-24, Supplemen.
- David Colander, 1992. "Retrospectives: The Lost Art of Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 191-198, Summer.
- Heinz Kurz & Neri Salvadori, 2006. "Input-Output Analysis from a Wider Perspective: a Comparison of the Early Works of Leontief and Sraffa," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 373-390.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1991. "The economy as a circular flow," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 181-212, June.
- Colander, David, 1993. "The Lost Art of Economics: Response," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 213-15, Summer.
- Foley, Interviewed by Duncan K., 1998. "An Interview With Wassily Leontief," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 116-140, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:30210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.