Entrepreneurship, job creation, income empowerment and poverty reduction in low-income economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shahidur R. Khandker, 2005.
"Microfinance and Poverty: Evidence Using Panel Data from Bangladesh,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 263-286.
- Khandker, Shahidur R., 2003. "Microfinance and poverty - evidence using panel data from Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2945, The World Bank.
- Coleman, Brett E., 2006. "Microfinance in Northeast Thailand: Who benefits and how much?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1612-1638, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohammad Delwar Hussain & Rosni Bakar & Abul Bashar Bhuiyan, 2014. "Entrepreneurship Development and Poverty Alleviation: An Empirical Review," Journal of Asian Scientific Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(10), pages 558-573, October.
- Thanyani S Madzivhandila & Mazanai Musara, 2020. "Taking responsibility for entrepreneurship development in South Africa: The role of local municipalities," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 35(3), pages 257-268, May.
- Félix, Elisabete Gomes Santana & Belo, Teresa Freitas, 2019. "The impact of microcredit on poverty reduction in eleven developing countries in south-east Asia," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 52.
- Innocent .U. Duru & Sarah .O. Anyanwu, 2019. "Entrepreneurship in Small and Medium Enterprises: A Catalyst for Capacity Building and Sustainable Youths Employment Generation in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Nigeria," International Journal of Social and Administrative Sciences, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(2), pages 277-296, June.
- Natanya Meyer & Daniel Francois Meyer & Karabo Molefe, 2016. "Barriers To Small Informal Business Development And Entrepreneurship: The Case Of The Emfuleni Region," Polish Journal of Management Studies, Czestochowa Technical University, Department of Management, vol. 13(1), pages 121-133, June.
- Bello Taofik Abidemi & Mohammed Umar Usman & Abubakar Umar & Dauda Adamu Abubakar, 2019. "The Link between Product and Performance of Microfinance Institutions," Academic Journal of Economic Studies, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 5(3), pages 161-166, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Khan, Md Faisal Abedin & Uddin, Md Sazib & Giessen, Lukas, 2021. "Microcredit expansion and informal donor interests: Experiences from local NGOs in the Sundarbans Mangrove Forest, Bangladesh," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 21(C).
- Janda, Karel & Zetek, Pavel, 2014. "Survey of Microfinance Controversies and Challenges," MPRA Paper 56657, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yogeeswari Subramaniam & Tajul Ariffin Masron & Mastura A. Wahab & Md Aslam Mia, 2021. "The impact of microfinance on poverty and income inequality in developing countries," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 35(1), pages 36-48, May.
- James Atta Peprah, 2012. "Access to micro-credit well-being among women entrepreneurs in the Mfantsiman Municipality of Ghana," International Journal of Finance & Banking Studies, Center for the Strategic Studies in Business and Finance, vol. 1(1), pages 01-14, January.
- Protap Kumar Ghosh & Sutap Kumar Ghosh, 2017. "Gender Disparity in Functionality and Consequence of Microfinance: Does it Function Currently?," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 7(2), pages 164-174, February.
- Maren Duvendack & Richard Palmer-Jones, 2012.
"High Noon for Microfinance Impact Evaluations: Re-investigating the Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(12), pages 1864-1880, December.
- Duvendack, Maren & Palmer-Jones, Richard, 2011. "High Noon for Microfinance Impact Evaluations: Re-investigating the Evidence from Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 27902, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hisaki KONO & Kazushi TAKAHASHI, 2010. "Microfinance Revolution: Its Effects, Innovations, And Challenges," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 48(1), pages 15-73, March.
- Namizata Binaté Fofana & Gerrit Antonides & Anke Niehof & Johan Ophem, 2015. "How microfinance empowers women in Côte d’Ivoire," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 1023-1041, December.
- Swain, Ranjula Bali & Varghese, Adel, 2009.
"Does Self Help Group Participation Lead to Asset Creation?,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1674-1682, October.
- Bali Swain, Ranjula & Varghese, Adel, 2008. "Does Self Help Group Participation Lead to Asset Creation?," Working Paper Series 2008:5, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Begoña Gutiérrez Nieto & Carlos Serrano-Cinca, 2019. "20 Years of Research in Microfinance: An Information Management Approach," Working Papers CEB 19-005, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Woutersen, Tiemen & Khandker, Shahidur R., 2014. "Estimating the long-run impact of microcredit programs on household income and net worth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7040, The World Bank.
- Akotey, Joseph Oscar & Adjasi, Charles K.D., 2016. "Does Microcredit Increase Household Welfare in the Absence of Microinsurance?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 380-394.
- Paul A. Onyina & Sean Turnell, 2013. "The Impacts Of A Microfinance Lending Scheme On Clients In Ghana," Accounting & Taxation, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 5(2), pages 79-88.
- Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert, 2011. "Microfinance: Its Impact, Outreach, and Sustainability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 875-881, June.
- Maricruz Lacalleâ€ Calderon & Manuel Perezâ€ Trujillo & Isabel Neira, 2018. "Does Microfinance Reduce Poverty among the Poorest? A Macro Quantile Regression Approach," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 56(1), pages 51-65, March.
- Lalitagauri Kulkarni, 2017. "Financial efficiency versus social outreach of Indian microfinance institutions: mission drift or character shift?," Journal of Social and Economic Development, Springer;Institute for Social and Economic Change, vol. 19(2), pages 323-340, October.
- Martijn Boermans & Daan Willebrands, 2012. "Financial constraints, risk taking and firm performance: Recent evidence from microfinance clients in Tanzania," DNB Working Papers 358, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Dufhues, Thomas & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Quoc, Hoang Dinh & Munkung, Nuchanata, 2011. "Social capital and loan repayment performance in Southeast Asia," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 679-691.
- Abu S. Shonchoy, 2015. "Seasonal Migration and Microcredit During Agricultural Lean Seasons: Evidence from Northwest Bangladesh," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 53(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Islam, Asadul & Nguyen, Chau & Smyth, Russell, 2015.
"Does microfinance change informal lending in village economies? Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 141-156.
- Asad Islam & Chau Nguyen & Russell Smyth, 2014. "Does microfinance change informal lending in village economies? Evidence from Bangladesh," Monash Economics Working Papers 16-14, Monash University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Job Creation; Poverty; Low-Income Economies;
All these keywords.
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29569. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.