Why the determinacy condition is a weak criterion in rational expectations models
This paper disputes what Blanchard and Kahn have reported as the solution of linear rational expectation(RE) systems many years ago. Their method leads to traditional determinacy condition which is used very much nowadays. In this paper we have a new look to the mathematical procedure of this solution method and the main problem in their solution will be shown. We introduce a new methodology for modeling the systems with expectation, while in future this way of modeling can be used to replace traditional RE models.
|Date of creation:||20 Nov 2010|
|Publication status:||Published in Proceeding of 2010 International Conference on Information and Finance ( ICIF 2010) (2010): pp. 208-212|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter von zur Muehlen & Robert J. Tetlow, 2005.
Computing in Economics and Finance 2005
437, Society for Computational Economics.
- Robert J. Tetlow & Peter von zur Muehlen, 2006. "Robustifying Learnability," 2006 Meeting Papers 439, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Tetlow, Robert J. & von zur Muehlen, Peter, 2006. "Robustifying learnability," Working Paper Series 0593, European Central Bank.
- Robert J. Tetlow & Peter von zur Muehlen, 2005. "Robustifying learnability," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-58, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bullard, James & Mitra, Kaushik, 2002.
"Learning about monetary policy rules,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1105-1129, September.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kahn, Charles M, 1980. "The Solution of Linear Difference Models under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1305-1311, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28320. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.