Virtual Teams: A New Opportunity to Develop a Business
Virtual teams give many advantages to organizations, including increased knowledge sharing and improve organizational performance. Virtual teams have altered the expectations and boundaries of knowledge worker’s interactions and make a new opportunity to develop the business. In this paper, we present summary results of an online survey. The online questionnaire was emailed by using a simple random sampling method to 356 Malaysian manufacturing small and medium –sized Enterprises (SMEs). The findings of this study show that SMEs in Malaysia are gaining to use virtual teams, and it can be concluded that virtual teams provide a new platform for developing the business in SMEs. Based on the study, we suggest avenues for future research that are important to advancing our understanding of virtual team effects on business growth.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:||2010|
|Publication status:||Published in INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP ACROSS BOUNDARIES Section For Co-curricular Courses, External Faculty Electives and TITAS.Univer(2010): pp. 1-5|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mezgar, Istvan & Kovacs, Gyorgy L. & Paganelli, Paolo, 2000. "Co-operative production planning for small- and medium-sized enterprises," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-3), pages 37-48, March.
- Gassmann, Oliver & Keupp, Marcus Matthias, 2007. "The competitive advantage of early and rapidly internationalising SMEs in the biotechnology industry: A knowledge-based view," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 350-366, September.
- Nader Ale Ebrahim & Shamsuddin Ahmed & Zahari Taha, 2009.
"Virtual R & D teams in small and medium enterprises: A literature review,"
- Ale Ebrahim, Nader & Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Taha, Zahari, 2009. "Virtual R & D teams in small and medium enterprises: A literature review," MPRA Paper 27045, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2009.
- Timo Pihkala & Elina Varamaki & Jukka Vesalainen, 1999. "Virtual organization and the SMEs: a review and model development," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 335-349, October.
- Ale Ebrahim, Nader & Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Taha, Zahari, 2009.
"Virtual Teams for New Product Development – An Innovative Experience for R&D Engineers,"
27034, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2009.
- Nader Ale Ebrahim & Shamsuddin Ahmed & Zahari Taha, 2009. "Virtual Teams for New Product Development: An Innovative Experience for R&D Engineers," Post-Print hal-00593361, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26934. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.