Virtual R&D Teams: A potential growth of education-industry collaboration
Introduction: With the advent of the global economy and high-speed Internet, online collaboration is fast becoming the norm in education and industry . Information technology (IT) creates many new inter-relationships among businesses, expands the scope of industries in which a company must compete to achieve the competitive advantage. Information systems and technology allow companies to coordinate their activities in distant geographic locations . IT is providing the infrastructure necessary to support the development of new collaboration forms among industry and education. Virtual research and development (R&D) teams represent one such relational form, one that could revolutionize the workplace and provide organizations with unprecedented levels of flexibility and responsiveness [3-4].
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published, Academic Leadership Journal, 2011, 9, 4, 1-5|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00690028|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ale Ebrahim, Nader & Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Taha, Zahari, 2009.
"Virtual R & D teams in small and medium enterprises: A literature review,"
27045, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2009.
- Nader Ale Ebrahim & Shamsuddin Ahmed & Zahari Taha, 2009. "Virtual R & D teams in small and medium enterprises: A literature review," Post-Print hal-00593358, HAL.
- Nader Ale Ebrahim & Shamsuddin Ahmed & Zahari Taha, 2009.
"Virtual Teams for New Product Development: An Innovative Experience for R&D Engineers,"
- Ale Ebrahim, Nader & Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Taha, Zahari, 2009. "Virtual Teams for New Product Development – An Innovative Experience for R&D Engineers," MPRA Paper 27034, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2009.
- Ale Ebrahim, Nader & Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Taha, Zahari, 2008.
"Virtual teams: A literature review,"
27001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2009.
- Gassmann, Oliver & Keupp, Marcus Matthias, 2007. "The competitive advantage of early and rapidly internationalising SMEs in the biotechnology industry: A knowledge-based view," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 350-366, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00690028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.