Seasonal Analysis of Tourist Revenues: An Empirical Research for Greece
This paper examines the role and factors of seasonality in tourist revenues in the case of Greece. The empirical analysis of the current research is conducted using quarterly data for the period 1960:I– 2005:IV. Osborn et. al. (1998), Miron (1994) and Hylleberg et al. (1990) tests for seasonal unit roots are used to examine deterministic and stochastic seasonality in the various series. The results revealed that tourist revenues in Greece are to some extent seasonal, which implies that most involving parties should extend tourist period aiming at developing tourism of all seasons. Finally, recommendations are provided to deal with the “problem” of seasonality.
|Date of creation:||10 Dec 2007|
|Date of revision:||25 Feb 2008|
|Publication status:||Published in TOURISMOS: An International Multidisciplinary Refereed Journal of Tourism 2.3(2008): pp. 57-71|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988.
"Seasonal, Integration And Cointegration,"
6-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Jarque, Carlos M. & Bera, Anil K., 1980. "Efficient tests for normality, homoscedasticity and serial independence of regression residuals," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 255-259.
- Jeffrey A. Miron, 1990.
"The Economics of Seasonal Cycles,"
NBER Working Papers
3522, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andreas Papatheodorou, 1999. "The demand for international tourism in the Mediterranean region," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 619-630.
- Breusch, T S, 1978. "Testing for Autocorrelation in Dynamic Linear Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(31), pages 334-55, December.
- Osborn, Denise R, et al, 1988. "Seasonality and the Order of Integration for Consumption," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 50(4), pages 361-77, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.