The sustainability of trade balances in Sub-Saharan Africa: panel cointegration tests with cross-section dependence
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Yoshihiro Hashiguchi & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2012. "The sustainability of trade balances in sub-Saharan Africa: panel cointegration tests with cross-section dependence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 161-165, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Lau, Evan & Fountas, Stilianos, 2003.
"On the sustainability of current account deficits: evidence from four ASEAN countries,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 465-487, June.
- Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Evan Lau, 2002. "On the Sustainability of Current Account Deficits: Evidence from Four ASEAN Countries," Working Papers 0062, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 2002.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2007.
"A simple panel unit root test in the presence of cross-section dependence,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-312.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2003. "A Simple Panel Unit Root Test in the Presence of Cross Section Dependence," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0346, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Arize, Augustine C., 2002. "Imports and exports in 50 countries: Tests of cointegration and structural breaks," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 101-115, April.
- Shigeyuki Hamori, 2009. "The sustainability of trade accounts of the G-7 countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(17), pages 1691-1694.
- Wu, Jyh-Lin, 2000. "Mean reversion of the current account: evidence from the panel data unit-root test," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 215-222, February.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Seema Narayan, 2005. "Are exports and imports cointegrated? Evidence from 22 least developed countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(6), pages 375-378.
- Manuchehr Irandoust & Johan Ericsson, 2004. "Are Imports and Exports Cointegrated? An International Comparison," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 49-64, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00810 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shigeyuki Hamori & Yoshihiro Hashiguchi, 2012.
"Small sample properties of CIPS panel unit root test under conditional and unconditional heteroskedasticity,"
AccessEcon, vol. 32(3), pages 2353-2365.
- HASHIGUCHI, Yoshihiro & HAMORI, Shigeyuki, 2010. "Small sample properties of CIPS panel unit root test under conditional and unconditional heteroscedasticity," MPRA Paper 24053, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gnimassoun, Blaise & Coulibaly, Issiaka, 2014.
"Current account sustainability in Sub-Saharan Africa: Does the exchange rate regime matter?,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 208-226.
- Issiaka Coulibaly & Blaise Gnimassoun, 2013. "Current account sustainability in Sub-Saharan Africa: Does the exchange rate regime matter?," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-42, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
More about this item
Keywordssustainability; trade balances; Sub-Saharan Africa; CIPS test;
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:24054. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .