Il finanziamento degli investimenti in R&S. Gli effetti sulla crescita e sulla struttura finanziaria
The financing of innovation impacts on economic growth. What’s, among bank-based or market-based system, the best organizational form? The paper supports the view that both forms have to be merged into a unique approach (law and finance view) embracing not only the overall quality of the financial services' supply (financial services view) but also the related legal aspects. In particular, the paper agrees with the thesis that the financial structure of the economy emerges endogenously depending both on the firms’ R&D investment choices and on their initial wealth level. The paper presents also an empirical validation of the financial services and, more specifically, of the law and finance view, carried out over the period 1980-2008. A focus is dedicated to the Chinese case, which shows strong economic growth and increasingly efficient financial sector, in despite of the weakness of the legal system.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ross Levine, 2002.
"Bank-Based or Market-Based Financial Systems: Which is Better?,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
442, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Levine, Ross, 2002. "Bank-Based or Market-Based Financial Systems: Which Is Better?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 398-428, October.
- Ross Levine, 2002. "Bank-Based or Market-Based Financial Systems: Which is Better?," NBER Working Papers 9138, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974.
"Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Bencivenga, V.R. & Smith, B.D., 1988.
"Financial Intermediation And Endogenous Growth,"
RCER Working Papers
124, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Levine, Ross, 1996.
"Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1678, The World Bank.
- Ross Levine, 1997. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996.
"Law and Finance,"
NBER Working Papers
5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, . "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Galor, Oded & Zeira, Joseph, 1993.
"Income Distribution and Macroeconomics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 35-52, January.
- Franklin Allen & Jun Qian & Meijun Qian, 2002.
"Law, Finance, and Economic Growth in China,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
02-44, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Keith Blackburn & Niloy Bose & Salvatore Capasso, 2005.
"Financial Development, Financing Choice and Economic Growth,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 135-149, 05.
- K Blackburn & N Bose & S Capasso, 2001. "Financial Development, Financing Choice and Economic Growth," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 07, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Keith Blackburn & Niloy Bose & Salvatore Capasso, 2003. "Financial Development, Financing Choice and Economic Growth," CSEF Working Papers 96, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Barro, Robert J & Lee, Jong Wha, 1996. "International Measures of Schooling Years and Schooling Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 218-23, May.
- Maria Fuensanta Morales, 2000.
"Financial Intermediation in a Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0914, Econometric Society.
- Morales, Mar a F., 2003. "Financial Intermediation In A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 363-393, June.
- Maria Fuensanta Morales, 2001. "Financial Intermediation in a Model of Growth through Creative Destruction," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 487.01, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Simeon Djankov & Caralee McLiesh & Andrei Shleifer, 2005.
"Private Credit in 129 Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
11078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 2001. "Comparative Financial Systems: A Survey," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-15, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- J. Atsu Amegashie, 2006. "Economics, Gratitude, and Warm Glow," Working Papers 0601, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Paul Harrison & Oren Sussman & Joseph Zeira, 1999. "Finance and growth: theory and new evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bose, Niloy & Cothren, Richard, 1996. "Equilibrium loan contracts and endogenous growth in the presence of asymmetric information," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 363-376, October.
- Jose De Gregorio & Se-Jik Kim, 1994.
"Credit Markets with Differences in Abilities; Education, Distribution, and Growth,"
IMF Working Papers
94/47, International Monetary Fund.
- De Gregorio, Jose & Kim, Se-Jik, 2000. "Credit Markets with Differences in Abilities: Education, Distribution, and Growth," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-607, August.
- José De Gregorio & Se-Jik Kim, 1998. "Credit Markets with Differences in Abilities: Education, Distribution, and Growth," Documentos de Trabajo 42, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Alex Trew, 2005.
"Finance and Growth: A Critical Survey,"
CDMA Working Paper Series
200507, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis, revised 15 Apr 2006.
- Howitt, Peter & Mayer-Foulkes, David & Aghion, Philippe, 2005.
"The Effect of Financial Development on Convergence: Theory and Evidence,"
4481509, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt & David Mayer-Foulkes, 2005. "The Effect of Financial Development on Convergence: Theory and Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 120(1), pages 173-222, January.
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt & David Mayer-Foulkes, 2004. "The Effect of Financial Development on Convergence: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 10358, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt & David Mayer-Foulkes, 2004. "The Effects of Financial Development on Convergence: Theory and Evidence," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_021, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Sau Lino, 2008. "La struttura del sistema finanziario in Cina," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200807, University of Turin.
- Chakraborty, Shankha & Ray, Tridip, 2006.
"Bank-based versus market-based financial systems: A growth-theoretic analysis,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 329-350, March.
- Shankha Chakraborty & Tridip Ray, 2003. "Bank-based versus Market-based Financial Systems: A Growth-theoretic Analysis," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2003-6, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Feb 2002.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Blackburn, Keith & Hung, Victor T Y, 1998. "A Theory of Growth, Financial Development and Trade," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 107-24, February.
- S. Mahendra Dev, 2008. "India," Chapters, in: Handbook on the South Asian Economies, chapter 1 Edward Elgar.
- Bernardo Bortolotti & Andrea Beltratti, 2006. "The Nontradable Share Reform in the Chinese Stock Market," Working Papers 2006.131, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23551. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.