The circulation of euro banknotes and coins in the Netherlands
In the countries of the European economic and monetary union euro banknotes and coins will be put into circulation from January 1, 2002. Seven new banknotes will be issued and eight new coins. Each member country is responsible for the production and distribution of its domestic euro circulation. Therefore, these countries, in casu central banks and ministries of finance, each draw up their own plan for this project.We unfold a methodology for indicative forecasts of the euro circulation needed in 2002 by proposing two methods. The first method uses econometric models describing the demand for banknotes and the demand for coins. The second method starts from estimated over-the-counter payments in 2002, and calculates the required notes and coins.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C.K. Folkertsma & G.E. Hebbink, 1998. "Cash management and choice of payment media: a critical survey of the theory," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 532, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Martin M.G. Fase, 1998. "On Money and Credit in Europe," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1550.
- Fase, M. M. G., 1981. "Forecasting the demand for banknotes: some empirical results for the Netherlands," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 269-278, March.
- Boeschoten, W C & Fase, M M G, 1989. "The Way We Pay with Money," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(3), pages 319-326, July.
- Cramer, J. S., 1983. "Currency by denomination," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 299-303.
- G.E. Hebbink, 1997. "Electronic money and seigniorage of EU central banks," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 490, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Goldin, Ephraim, 1985. "Statistical Analysis of Coins Lost in Circulation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(1), pages 36-42, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23535. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.