Kingmakers and leaders in coalition formation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven Brams & Michael Jones & D. Kilgour, 2005. "Forming stable coalitions: The process matters," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 125(1), pages 67-94, July.
- Serguei Kaniovski & Dennis Leech, 2009.
"A behavioral power index,"
Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 17-29, October.
- Kaniovski, Serguei & Leech, Dennis, 2007. "A Behavioural Power Index," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 831, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- I. D. Hill, 2008. "Mathematics and Democracy: Designing Better Voting and Fair-division Procedures," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 171(4), pages 1032-1033.
- Steven J. Brams & Michael A. Jones & D. Marc Kilgour, 2002. "Single-Peakedness and Disconnected Coalitions," Journal of Theoretical Politics, , vol. 14(3), pages 359-383, July.
- Martin, Andrew D. & Quinn, Kevin M., 2002. "Dynamic Ideal Point Estimation via Markov Chain Monte Carlo for the U.S. Supreme Court, 1953–1999," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 134-153, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steven Brams & Gustavo Camilo & Alexandra Franz, 2014.
"Coalition formation on the U.S. Supreme Court: 1969–2009,"
Springer, vol. 158(3), pages 525-539, March.
- Brams, Steven J. & Camilo, Gustavo & Franz, Alexandra D., 2011. "Coalition formation in the U.S. Supreme Court: 1969-2009," MPRA Paper 30390, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordscoalition formation; fallback procedure; kingmakers; leaders; US Supreme Court;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2010-05-22 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-GTH-2010-05-22 (Game Theory)
- NEP-NET-2010-05-22 (Network Economics)
- NEP-POL-2010-05-22 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .