Foreign Trade Was Not an Engine of Growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronald Findlay & Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2007.
"Power and Plenty: Trade, War and the World Economy in the Second Millennium (Preface),"
Trinity Economics Papers
tep0107, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Ronald Findlay & Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2007. "Power and Plenty: Trade, War and the World Economy in the Second Millennium (Preface)," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp205, IIIS.
- Temin, Peter, 1997. "Two Views of the British Industrial Revolution," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 57(01), pages 63-82, March.
- Williamson, Jeffrey G, 1987. "Did English Factor Markets Fail during the Industrial Revolution?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(4), pages 641-678, December.
- James Malcomson & Martin Chalkley, 2001. "Cost Sharing in Health Service Provision: An Empirical Assessment of Cost Savings," Economics Series Working Papers 69, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- repec:oxf:esohwp:_069 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oxf:wpaper:69.2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daudin, Guillaume, 2010.
"Domestic Trade and Market Size in Late-Eighteenth-Century France,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 70(03), pages 716-743, September.
- Guillaume Daudin, 2007. "Domestic trade and market size in late eighteenth century France," Sciences Po publications n°2007-35, Sciences Po.
- Guillaume Daudin, 2008. "Domestic Trade and Market Size in Late Eighteenth-Century France," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _069, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Guillaume Daudin, 2007. "Domestic trade and market size in late eighteenth century France," Working Papers hal-01065991, HAL.
- Guillaume Daudin, 2007. "Domestic Trade and Market Size in Late Eighteen Century France," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2007-35, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Maxine Berg & Pat Hudson, 1994. "Growth and change: a comment on the Crafts-Harley view of the industrial revolution," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 47(1), pages 147-149, February.
- N. F. R. Crafts & C. Knick Harley, 2002.
"Precocious British Industrialization: A General Equilibrium Perspective,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
200213, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Crafts, Nicholas & Knick Harley, C., 2002. "Precocious British industrialization: a general equilibrium perspective," Economic History Working Papers 22368, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Guillaume Daudin, 2005. "Commerce et prospérité : la France au XVIIIe siècle," Sciences Po publications 19, Sciences Po.
- Philip Richardson, 1989. "The structure of capital during the industrial revolution revisited: two case studies from the cotton textile industry," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 42(4), pages 484-503, November.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign trade; engines of growth; industrial revolution; economic growth; Britain;
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
- N10 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - General, International, or Comparative
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2010-01-16 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2010-01-16 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2010-01-16 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19723. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.