Emigration, Wage Inequality and Vanishing Sectors
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Anwar, Sajid, 2009. "Wage inequality, welfare and downsizing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 75-77, May.
- Findlay, Ronald & Jones, Ronald, 2000. "Factor bias and technical progress," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 303-308, September.
- Hamid Beladi & Sarbajit Chaudhuri & Shigemi Yabuuchi, 2008. "Can International Factor Mobility Reduce Wage Inequality in a Dual Economy?," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(5), pages 893-903, November.
- Zafar Mahmood, 1991. "Emigration and Wages in an Open Economy: Some Evidence from Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 30(3), pages 243-262.
- Anwar, Sajid, 2006. "Factor mobility and wage inequality in the presence of specialisation-based external economies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 88-93, October.
- Mishra, Prachi, 2007. "Emigration and wages in source countries: Evidence from Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 180-199, January.
- Jones, Ronald W., 1996. "International trade, real wages, and technical progress: The specific-factors model," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 113-124.
- Reza Oladi & Hamid Beladi, 2007. "International Migration and Real Wages," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(30), pages 1-8.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557-557.
- Jones, R.W. & Marjit, S., 1992. "International Trade and Endogenous Production Structures," RCER Working Papers 312, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Anwar, Sajid, 2008. "Factor mobility, wage inequality and welfare," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 495-506, October.
- Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal, 2005. "Emigration and wage inequality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 141-145, July.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2007:i:30:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Toru Kikuchi & Sugata Marjit & Biswajit Mandal, 2013.
"Trade with Time Zone Differences: Factor Market Implications,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 699-711, November.
- Kikuchi, Toru & Marjit, Sugata & Mandal, Biswajit, 2011. "Trade with Time Zone Differences: Factor Market Implications," MPRA Paper 37931, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Toru Kikuchi & Sugata Marjit & Biswajit Mandal, 2012. "Trade with Time Zone Differences:Factor Market Implications," Discussion Papers Series 462, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Kikuchi, Toru & Marjit, Sugata, 2011. "Trade with time zone differences: factor market implications," MPRA Paper 30788, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chatterjee, Tonmoy & Gupta, Kausik, 2013. "International Fragmentation in the Presence of Alternative Health Sector Scenario : A Theoretical Analysis," MPRA Paper 48559, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chatterjee, Tonmoy & Gupta, Kausik, 2013. "Mobility of Capital and Health Sector:A Trade Theoretic Analysis," MPRA Paper 48557, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chatterjee, Tonmoy & Gupta, Kausik, 2014. "Health Care Quality vs Health Care Quantity: A General Equilibrium Analysis," MPRA Paper 57314, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsSkill; emigration; wages; inequality; reallocation.;
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.