Japanese manufacturing investment in the UK 1972-1996: an econometric analysis
The purpose of this dissertation is to examine the determinants of the location decision of Japanese investors, which has shaped the geographical distribution of Japanese investment in the UK over the last 25 years. One of the primary purpose of this study is to examine the effectiveness and importance of measures to induce foreign investment into the UK assisted areas. The objective is made possible by the availability of data from the Invest in Britain Bureau at the Department of Trade and Industry. This source of data provides information on the exact location of Japanese manufacturing investment in the UK, which is the subject of analysis in this study.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Keith Head & John Ries & Deborah Swenson, 1994.
"Agglomeration Benefits and Location Choice: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Investment in the United States,"
NBER Working Papers
4767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John & Swenson, Deborah, 1995. "Agglomeration benefits and location choice: Evidence from Japanese manufacturing investments in the United States," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 223-247, May.
- Vernon, Raymond, 1979. "The Product Cycle Hypothesis in a New International Environment," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 41(4), pages 255-67, November.
- Hood, Neil & Truijens, Thorsten, 1993. "European locational decisions of Japanese manufacturers: Survey evidence on the case of the UK," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 39-63.
- Breandan O Huallachain & Neil Reid, 1997. "Acquisition versus Greenfield Investment: The Location and Growth of Japanese Manufacturers in the United States," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 403-416.
- J L Morris, 1987. "Industrial restructuring, foreign direct investment, and uneven development: the case of Wales," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 19(2), pages 205-224, February.
- J. Taylor, . "Regional Problems and Policies: An Overview," Working Papers ec27/90, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1920. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.