A knowledge based approach to collaboration in basic research
This paper suggests a knowledge based approach to the formation of collaboration networks in basic research. Though mainly focused on foundations, it provides the example of a knowledge distribution supporting pairwise equilibrium outcomes which correspond to a star-like collaboration network.
|Date of creation:||25 Nov 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klump, Rainer & Preissler, Harald, 2000. " CES Production Functions and Economic Growth," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(1), pages 41-56, March.
- Sanjeev Goyal & Marco van der Leij & Jose Luis Moraga, 2004.
"Economics: An Emerging Small World?,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
04-001/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Sanjeev Goyal & Marco van der Leij & José Luis Moraga-Gonzàlez, 2004. "Economics: An Emerging Small World?," Working Papers 2004.84, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sanjeev Goyal & Marco van der Leij & José Luis Moraga Gonzales, 2004. "Economics: An Emerging Small World?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1287, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pascale Roux & Nicolas Carayol, 2009.
"Knowledge flows and the geography of networks. A strategic model of small world formation,"
- Carayol, Nicolas & Roux, Pascale, 2009. "Knowledge flows and the geography of networks: A strategic model of small world formation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 414-427, August.
- Nicolas Carayol & Pascale Roux, 2006. "Knowledge flows and the geography of networks. A strategic model of small worlds formation," Working Papers of BETA 2006-16, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Nicolas Carayol & Pascale Roux, 2009. "Knowledge Flows and the Geography of Networks. A Strategic Model of Small World Formation," Post-Print hal-00674100, HAL.
- Frenken, Koen, 2006. "A fitness landscape approach to technological complexity, modularity, and vertical disintegration," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 288-305, September.
- Mauro Caminati & Arsenio Stabile, 2010. "The Pattern Of Knowledge Flows Between Technology Fields," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 364-397, 05.
- Sanjeev Goyal, 2007.
"Introduction to Connections: An Introduction to the Economics of Networks
[Connections: An Introduction to the Economics of Networks]," Introductory Chapters, Princeton University Press.
- Barabási, A.L & Jeong, H & Néda, Z & Ravasz, E & Schubert, A & Vicsek, T, 2002. "Evolution of the social network of scientific collaborations," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 311(3), pages 590-614.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18864. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.