A knowledge based approach to collaboration in basic research
This paper suggests a knowledge based approach to the formation of collaboration networks in basic research. Though mainly focused on foundations, it provides the example of a knowledge distribution supporting pairwise equilibrium outcomes which correspond to a star-like collaboration network.
|Date of creation:||25 Nov 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frenken, Koen, 2006. "A fitness landscape approach to technological complexity, modularity, and vertical disintegration," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 288-305, September.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20040001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanjeev Goyal & Marco van der Leij & José Luis Moraga-Gonzàlez, 2004.
"Economics: An Emerging Small World?,"
2004.84, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Klump, Rainer & Preissler, Harald, 2000. " CES Production Functions and Economic Growth," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(1), pages 41-56, March.
- Mauro Caminati & Arsenio Stabile, 2010. "The Pattern Of Knowledge Flows Between Technology Fields," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 364-397, 05.
- Nicolas Carayol & Pascale Roux, 2006.
"Knowledge flows and the geography of networks. A strategic model of small worlds formation,"
Working Papers of BETA
2006-16, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Carayol, Nicolas & Roux, Pascale, 2009. "Knowledge flows and the geography of networks: A strategic model of small world formation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 414-427, August.
- Barabási, A.L & Jeong, H & Néda, Z & Ravasz, E & Schubert, A & Vicsek, T, 2002. "Evolution of the social network of scientific collaborations," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 311(3), pages 590-614.
- Sanjeev Goyal, 2007.
"Introduction to Connections: An Introduction to the Economics of Networks
[Connections: An Introduction to the Economics of Networks]," Introductory Chapters, Princeton University Press.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18864. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.