Competition and Cooperation between Professional Sports Franchises: The Impact on Ticket Prices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matthew T. Brown & Daniel A. Rascher & Wesley M. Ward, 2006.
"The Use of Public Funds for Private Benefit: An Examination of the Relationship Between Public Stadium Funding and Ticket Prices in the National Football League,"
International Journal of Sport Finance,
Fitness Information Technology, vol. 1(2), pages 109-118, May.
- Matt, Brown & Daniel, Rascher & Wesley, Ward, 2006. "The use of Public Funds for Private Benefit: An Examination of the Relationship between Public Stadium Funding and Ticket Prices in the National Football League," MPRA Paper 25831, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Boyd & Laura Boyd, 1998. "The home field advantage: Implications for the pricing of tickets to professional team sporting events," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 22(2), pages 169-179, June.
- Jason Winfree & Jill McCluskey & Ron Mittelhammer & Rodney Fort, 2004. "Location and attendance in major league baseball," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(19), pages 2117-2124.
- Rodney Fort, 2004. "Subsidies as incentive mechanisms in sports," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 95-102.
- Pelnar, Gregory, 2007. "Antitrust Analysis of Sports Leagues," MPRA Paper 5382, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordssports leagues; antitrust; National Football League; National Basketball Association; National Hockey League; Major League Baseball;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- L40 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2009-10-17 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2009-10-17 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-SPO-2009-10-17 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-URE-2009-10-17 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17787. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .