Competition and Cooperation between Professional Sports Franchises: The Impact on Ticket Prices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matthew T. Brown & Daniel A. Rascher & Wesley M. Ward, 2006.
"The Use of Public Funds for Private Benefit: An Examination of the Relationship Between Public Stadium Funding and Ticket Prices in the National Football League,"
International Journal of Sport Finance,
Fitness Information Technology, vol. 1(2), pages 109-118, May.
- Matt, Brown & Daniel, Rascher & Wesley, Ward, 2006. "The use of Public Funds for Private Benefit: An Examination of the Relationship between Public Stadium Funding and Ticket Prices in the National Football League," MPRA Paper 25831, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Boyd & Laura Boyd, 1998. "The home field advantage: Implications for the pricing of tickets to professional team sporting events," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 22(2), pages 169-179, June.
- Jason Winfree & Jill McCluskey & Ron Mittelhammer & Rodney Fort, 2004. "Location and attendance in major league baseball," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(19), pages 2117-2124.
- Rodney Fort, 2004. "Subsidies as incentive mechanisms in sports," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 95-102.
- Pelnar, Gregory, 2007. "Antitrust Analysis of Sports Leagues," MPRA Paper 5382, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordssports leagues; antitrust; National Football League; National Basketball Association; National Hockey League; Major League Baseball;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- L40 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2009-10-17 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2009-10-17 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-SPO-2009-10-17 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-URE-2009-10-17 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17787. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.