An empirical analysis of the off-balance sheet activities of Indian banks
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- D.M. Nachane & Saibal Ghosh, 2007. "An Empirical Analysis of the Off-Balance Sheet Activities of Indian Banks," Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 6(1), pages 39-59, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Avery, Robert B. & Berger, Allen N., 1991. "Loan commitments and bank risk exposure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 173-192, February.
- Jagtiani, Julapa & Nathan, Alli & Sick, Gordon, 1995. "Scale economies and cost complementarities in commercial banks: On-and off-balance-sheet activities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1175-1189, October.
- Koehn, Michael & Santomero, Anthony M, 1980. " Regulation of Bank Capital and Portfolio Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(5), pages 1235-1244, December.
- Avery, Robert B. & Berger, Allen N., 1991. "Risk-based capital and deposit insurance reform," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 847-874, September.
- Santomero, Anthony M. & Trester, Jeffrey J., 1998. "Financial innovation and bank risk taking," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 25-37, March.
- Lawrence M. Benveniste & Allen N. Berger, 1987. "Securitization with recourse: an instrument that offers uninsured bank depositors sequential claims," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 97, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kim, Daesik & Santomero, Anthony M, 1988. " Risk in Banking and Capital Regulation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(5), pages 1219-1233, December.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Berger, Allen N., 1987. "Securitization with recourse : An instrument that offers uninsured bank depositors sequential claims," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 403-424, September.
- Christine A. Pavel & David Phillis, 1987. "Why commercial banks sell loans: an empirical analysis," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue May, pages 3-14.
- Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Jeung, Shin Dong, 2005. "Incentives for risk-taking in banking - A unified approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 759-777, March.
- Fung, Michael K. & Cheng, Arnold C. S., 2004. "Diffusion of off-balance-sheet financial innovations: Information complementarity and market competition," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 525-540, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahmad Khasawneh & M. Kabir Hassan, 2010. "The Determinants and Policy Implications of Off-Balance Sheet Activities in MENA Countries Commercial Banks," Working Papers 552, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 Jan 2010.
- Perera, Anil & Ralston, Deborah & Wickramanayake, J., 2014. "Impact of off-balance sheet banking on the bank lending channel of monetary transmission: Evidence from South Asia," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 195-216.
- Basil Senyo Damankah & Olivia Anku-Tsede & Albert Amankwaa, 2014. "Analysis of Non-Interest Income of Commercial Banks in Ghana," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 4(4), pages 263-271, October.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Ahmad Khasawneh, 2009. "The Determinants of Derivatives Activities in U.S. Commercial Banks," NFI Working Papers 2009-WP-10, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsOff-balance sheet; regulatory pressure; interest spread; banking; India;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .