Hypotekarna a financna kriza 2008: Priciny, opatrenia, dosledky
[The mortgage and financial crisis of 2008: Causes, measures taken, impacts]
The 2008 financial crisis has its origins in the US real estate market. By means of purchases of US mortgage-backed securities it spread to the portfolios of financial companies everywhere in the world and it is making its way to the real economy. The measures to be taken include cutting interest rates, government loans to the most affected financial institutions and purchase of troubled assets. As a result of the crisis, we anticipate substantial changes to the mechanisms operating the world financial system, as well as government interventions in market.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Otto Van Hemert, 2008.
"Understanding the subprime mortgage crisis,"
1092, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Otto Van Hemert, 2011. "Understanding the Subprime Mortgage Crisis," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(6), pages 1848-1880.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Otto Van Hemert, 2009. "Understanding the subprime mortgage crisis," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jan.
- Hui Tong & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008.
"Real Effects of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis: Is it a Demand or a Finance Shock?,"
NBER Working Papers
14205, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hui Tong & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008. "Real Effects of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis; Is it a Demand or a Finance Shock?," IMF Working Papers 08/186, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16489. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.