Brains, drains, and roads, growth hills: complementarity between public education and infrastructure in a half-century panel of states
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mofidi, Alaeddin & Stone, Joe A, 1990. "Do State and Local Taxes Affect Economic Growth?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 686-691, November.
- Andrew Haughwout & Robert Inman & Steven Craig & Thomas Luce, 2004.
"Local Revenue Hills: Evidence from Four U.S. Cities,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(2), pages 570-585, May.
- Andrew Haughwout & Robert Inman & Steven G. Craig & Thomas Luce, 2000. "Local Revenue Hills: Evidence from Four U. S. Cities," PIER Working Paper Archive 03-012, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 01 Mar 2003.
- Andrew F. Haughwout & Robert P. Inman & Steven Craig & Thomas Luce, 2003. "Local Revenue Hills: Evidence from Four U.S. Cities," NBER Working Papers 9686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joe Stone & Jo Anna Gray, 2006.
"Ricardian equivalence for sub-national states,"
AccessEcon, vol. 5(1), pages 1-12.
- Jo Anna Gray & Joe Stone, 2005. "Ricardian Equivalence for Sub-national States," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2006-2, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Dec 2005.
- Jacques Poot, 2000. "A Synthesis of Empirical Research on the Impact of Government onLong-Run Growth," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(4), pages 516-546.
- Mark, Stephen T. & McGuire, Therese J. & Papke, Leslie E., 2000. "The Influence of Taxes on Employment and Population Growth: Evidence from the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 1), pages 105-24, March.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:5:y:2006:i:1:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alfredo M. Pereira, 2000. "Is All Public Capital Created Equal?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(3), pages 513-518, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francois, Joseph & Manchin, Miriam, 2013.
"Institutions, Infrastructure, and Trade,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 165-175.
- Francois, Joseph & Manchin, Miriam, 2007. "Institutions, Infrastructure and Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 6068, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francois, Joseph & Manchin, Miriam, 2007. "Institutions, infrastructure, and trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4152, The World Bank.
- Joseph Francois & Miriam Manchin, 2007. "Institutions, Infrastructure, and Trade," IIDE Discussion Papers 20070401, Institue for International and Development Economics.
- Joseph Francis Francois & Miriam Manchin, 2007. "Institutions, infrastructure, and trade," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 77, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- Joseph F. Francois & Miriam Manchin, 2007. "Institutions, infrastructure, and trade," Economics working papers 2007-05, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Joseph Francois & Miriam Manchin, 2007. "Institutions, Infrastructure and Trade," Development Working Papers 224, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Roberto Urrunaga & Sara Wong, 2015.
"When the total is more than the sum of parts : infrastructure complementarities,"
15-09, Centro de Investigación, Universidad del Pacífico.
- Roberto Urrunaga & Sara Wong, 2016. "When the total is more than the sum of parts: Infrastructure complementarities," Working Papers 2016-64, Peruvian Economic Association.
More about this item
Keywordsgrowth human capital public infrastructure;
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
- H00 - Public Economics - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2009-07-17 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2009-07-17 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-PBE-2009-07-17 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2009-07-17 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .