Globalization and WTO: Impact on India’s economic growth and export
The roots of newly emerging forces of globalization exist in specific economic and political development in the late 1980s and early1990s. From other regulatory measures to correct the prevailing distortions in the Indian economy, government of India introduced Structural Adjustment Programmes (SAPs) in July 1991. The World Trade Organization (WTO) which came into existence on January 1, 1995 with a view to ensure global cooperative trade environment, to raise incomes and to create ample job opportunity for the nations through fair and open trade. In order to estimate growth of Indian exports as well as Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for the period 1985-86 to 2004-05 keeping view the structural reform of 1991 and WTO Settlement in 1995, we have employed OLS technique based on dummy variables. The empirical evidences of the present paper has scanned Gross Domestic Product and export performance of the Indian economy for the period 1985-86 to 2004-05 with an attempt to isolate the impacts of Economic reforms and WTO.
|Date of creation:||02 Jan 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moschos, Demetrios, 1989. "Export expansion, growth and the level of economic development: An empirical analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 93-102, January.
- Ram, Rati, 1985. "Exports and Economic Growth: Some Additional Evidence," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 415-425, January.
- K.K. Kaushik & Paras, 2000. "Trade Liberalisation and Export Performance in India: A Statistical Verification," Foreign Trade Review, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, vol. 35(1), pages 12-31, April.
- Salvatore, Dominick, 1983. "A Simultaneous Equations Model of Trade and Development with Dynamic Policy Simulations," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 66-90.
- Tyler, William G., 1981. "Growth and export expansion in developing countries : Some empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 121-130, August.
- Fajana, Olufemi, 1979. "Trade and growth: The Nigerian experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 73-78, January.
- Michaely, Michael, 1977. "Exports and growth : An empirical investigation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 49-53, February.
- Fosu, Augustin Kwasi, 1990. "Exports and economic growth: The African case," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 831-835, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.