The effects of exports, aid and remittances on output: The case of Kiribati
Country specific time series models of the determinants of output for the small developing island countries in the Pacific region are relatively few. This paper explores the applicability of the framework underlying Solow (1956) to analyze the determinants output in Kiribati for the period 1970-2005. It is found that technical progress in Kiribati has been negative virtually offsetting the positive effects of factor accumulation. Aid and remittances have negative effects and exports have only a small positive effect in the short run.
|Date of creation:||01 Jul 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neil R. Ericsson & James G. MacKinnon, 2002.
"Distributions of error correction tests for cointegration,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(2), pages 285-318, 06.
- Neil R. Ericsson & James G. MacKinnon, 2000. "Distributions of Error Correction Tests for Cointegration," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0561, Econometric Society.
- Neil R. Ericsson & James G. MacKinnon, 1999. "Distributions of error correction tests for cointegration," International Finance Discussion Papers 655, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Singh, Rup & Nisha, Fozia, 2006. "An extension to the neoclassical growth modelto Estimate Growth and Level Effects," MPRA Paper 2186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dimitrios Asteriou & Simon Price, 2000. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Time Series Evidence for the case of UK," Ekonomia, Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus, vol. 4(2), pages 122-141, Winter.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y. & Smith, R. J., 1996. "Testing for the 'Existence of a Long-run Relationship'," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9622, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1548. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.