The impact of drought on household vulnerability: The case of rural Malawi
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harold Alderman & John Hoddinott & Bill Kinsey, 2006.
"Long term consequences of early childhood malnutrition,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 450-474, July.
- Alderman,Harold & Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2003. "Long-term consequences of early childhood malnutrition," FCND discussion papers 168, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alderman,Harold & Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2003. "Long-term consequences of early childhood malnutrition," FCND briefs 168, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Harold Alderman & John Hoddinott & Bill Kinsey, 2004. "Long Term Consequences Of Early Childhood Malnutrition," HiCN Working Papers 09, Households in Conflict Network.
- Luc J. Christiaensen & Kalanidhi Subbarao, 2005.
"Towards an Understanding of Household Vulnerability in Rural Kenya,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 14(4), pages 520-558, December.
- Christiaensen, Luc. J. & Subbarao, Kalanidhi, 2004. "Toward an understanding of household vulnerability in rural Kenya," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3326, The World Bank.
- Harold Alderman & Trina Haque, 2007. "Insurance Against Covariate Shocks : The Role of Index-Based Insurance in Social Protection in Low-Income Countries of Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6736, April.
- Tesliuc, Emil D. & Lindert, Kathy, 2004. "Risk and vulnerability in Guatemala: a quantitative and qualitative assessment," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 30154, The World Bank.
- Harrower, Sarah & Hoddinott, John, 2004.
"Consumption soothing and vulnerability in the Zone Lacustre, Mali,"
175, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Harrower, Sarah & Hoddinott, John, 2004. "Consumption soothing and vulnerability in the Zone Lacustre, Mali," FCND discussion papers 175, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2001. " Child Growth in the Time of Drought," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(4), pages 409-436, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Renate Hartwig & Michael Grimm, 2009.
"An Assessment of the Effects of the 2002 Food Crisis on Children’s Health in Malawi,"
Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers
19, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Hartwig, R. & Grimm, M., 2010. "An assessment of the effects of the 2002 food crisis on children's health in Malawi," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18704, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
More about this item
KeywordsDrought; vulnerability; poverty; rural Malawi;
- B21 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Microeconomics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-05-30 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2009-05-30 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-05-30 (Development)
- NEP-HAP-2009-05-30 (Economics of Happiness)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .