The Relative Decline of Agriculture in China
This paper attempts to determine the impacts of three major factors: (a) price changes, (b) factor endowment changes, and (c) technological change on the relative decline of agriculture in China. However, the results suggest that only the price ratio has significant and positive impact on agriculture’s GDP share in China. Nevertheless, the variable of the price ratio explains the model well with about 99 percent of R2 value. The irrelatedness of other variables may require further investigation and explanation.
|Date of creation:||29 Nov 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ling Sun & Lilyan E. Fulginiti & E. Wesley & F. Peterson, 2007.
"Accounting for agricultural decline with economic growth in Taiwan,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(2), pages 181-190, 03.
- Ling Sun & Lilyan E. Fulginiti & E. Wesley Peterson, 2005. "Accounting for Agricultural Decline with Economic Growth in Taiwan," Development and Comp Systems 0502022, EconWPA.
- Ulrich R. Kohli, 1978. "A Gross National Product Function and the Derived Demand for Imports and Supply of Exports," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 11(2), pages 167-182, May.
- Martin, Will & Warr, Peter G, 1993. "Explaining the Relative Decline of Agriculture: A Supply-Side Analysis for Indonesia," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(3), pages 381-401, September.
- Lopez, Ramon E, 1985. "Structural Implications of a Class of Flexible Functional Forms for Profit Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(3), pages 593-601, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15057. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.