Analýza volatility devizových kurzů vybraných ekonomik
[The Analysis of Volatility of Selected Countries' Exchange Rates]
This paper is focused on the historical development of selected exchange rates' volatility, that is: AUD, CAD, DEM, DKK, EUR, FRF, GBP, JPY, SEK and CHF against USD. The paper aims to show that relatively large increment of exchange markets' volatility is nothing special in the historical context considering the lenght and the extent.
|Date of creation:||20 Dec 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Noureddine Krichene, 2004. "Deriving Market Expectations for the Euro-Dollar Exchange Rate from Option Prices," IMF Working Papers 04/196, International Monetary Fund.
- Noureddine Krichene, 2003. "Modeling Stochastic Volatility with Application to Stock Returns," IMF Working Papers 03/125, International Monetary Fund.
- Juraj Stanèík, 2007. "Determinants of Exchange-Rate Volatility: The Case of the New EU Members," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 57(9-10), pages 414-432, October.
- Ana L Fostel & Sandeep Kapur & Luis Catão, 2007. "Persistent Gaps, Volatility Types, and Default Traps," IMF Working Papers 07/148, International Monetary Fund.
- Turgut Kısınbay, 2010.
"Predictive ability of asymmetric volatility models at medium-term horizons,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(30), pages 3813-3829.
- Turgut Kisinbay, 2003. "Predictive Ability of Asymmetric Volatility Models At Medium-Term Horizons," IMF Working Papers 03/131, International Monetary Fund.
- Kobor, Adam & Szekely, Istvan P., 2004. "Foreign exchange market volatility in EU accession countries in the run-up to Euro adoption: weathering uncharted waters," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 337-352, December.
- Istvan P Szekely & Ádám Kóbor, 2004. "Foreign Exchange Market Volatility in Eu Accession Countries in the Run-Up to Euro Adoption; Weathering Uncharted Waters," IMF Working Papers 04/16, International Monetary Fund.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Marcus Pramor & Natalia T. Tamirisa, 2006. "Common Volatility Trends in the Central and Eastern European Currencies and the Euro," IMF Working Papers 06/206, International Monetary Fund.
- Rebecca McCaughrin & Simon T Gray & Alexandre Chailloux, 2008. "Central Bank Collateral Frameworks; Principles and Policies," IMF Working Papers 08/222, International Monetary Fund.
- Jorge I Canales Kriljenko & Karl F Habermeier, 2004. "Structural Factors Affecting Exchange Rate Volatility; A Cross-Section Study," IMF Working Papers 04/147, International Monetary Fund.
- Engle, Robert F & Lilien, David M & Robins, Russell P, 1987. "Estimating Time Varying Risk Premia in the Term Structure: The Arch-M Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 391-407, March.
- Armando Méndez Morales, 2001. "Czech Koruna and Polish Zloty; Spot and Currency Option Volatility Patterns," IMF Working Papers 01/120, International Monetary Fund.
- Burcu Aydin, 2008. "Banking Structure and Credit Growth in Central and Eastern European Countries," IMF Working Papers 08/215, International Monetary Fund.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15046. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.