The Kyoto Protocol: a cost-effective strategy for meeting environmental objective?: discussion
This is an invited discussion on the Manne and Richels’ paper “The Kyoto Protocol: A Cost-Effective Strategy for Meeting Environmental Objective”. It focuses on four issues or questions: distributional realities of the international climate change negotiations, correspondence between geopolitical regional aggregates in MERGE and Annex B countries, implications of the autonomous energy efficiency improvement rates assumed in MERGE on the income elasticity of energy consumption, and market power in an international greenhouse gas emissions trading scheme.
|Date of creation:||May 1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- ZhongXiang Zhang, 1998. "The Economics of Energy Policy in China," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1291.
- ZhongXiang Zhang, 2000.
"The design and implementation of an international trading scheme for greenhouse gas emissions,"
Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 18(3), pages 321-337, June.
- ZhongXiang Zhang, 2000. "The Design and Implementation of an International Trading Scheme for Greenhouse Gas Emissions," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 18(3), pages 321-337, June.
- Richels, Richard & Edmonds, Jae, 1995. "The economics of stabilizing atmospheric CO2 concentrations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4-5), pages 373-378.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang, 1998. "Greenhouse gas emissions trading and the world trading system," MPRA Paper 12971, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert N. Stavins, 1998. "What Can We Learn from the Grand Policy Experiment? Lessons from SO2 Allowance Trading," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(3), pages 69-88, Summer. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14049. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.