Configuration of Logistics Activities across Life-Cycle of the Firms and Performance: Proposal of a Conceptual Model
In the last years, broad changes have contributed to the enhancement of the importance of the logistics as a source of competitive advantage, not just for increasing the satisfaction of the clients, but also for improving the performance of the firms. Nevertheless, the response functions of the firms to the referred changes are different according to the life-cycle stage that they face. The present paper aims to present a conceptual model that explores the connection between the life-cycle firm’s stages, and the standard profile of logistics activities, and the correspondent impact on performance.
|Date of creation:||07 Jan 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pfohl, Hans-Christian, 1997. "Logistics: State of the art," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 7292, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Robert E. Quinn & Kim Cameron, 1983. "Organizational Life Cycles and Shifting Criteria of Effectiveness: Some Preliminary Evidence," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(1), pages 33-51, January.
- Bonney, M. C., 1994. "Trends in inventory management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1-3), pages 107-114, June.
- Danny Miller & Peter H. Friesen, 1984. "A Longitudinal Study of the Corporate Life Cycle," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(10), pages 1161-1183, October.
- P N O'Farrell & D M W N Hitchens, 1988. "Alternative theories of small-firm growth: a critical review," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 20(10), pages 1365-1383, October.
- P N O'Farrell & D M W N Hitchens, 1988. "Alternative Theories of Small-Firm Growth: A Critical Review," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 20(10), pages 1365-1383, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1362. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.