Configuration of Logistics Activities across Life-Cycle of the Firms and Performance: Proposal of a Conceptual Model
In the last years, broad changes have contributed to the enhancement of the importance of the logistics as a source of competitive advantage, not just for increasing the satisfaction of the clients, but also for improving the performance of the firms. Nevertheless, the response functions of the firms to the referred changes are different according to the life-cycle stage that they face. The present paper aims to present a conceptual model that explores the connection between the life-cycle firm’s stages, and the standard profile of logistics activities, and the correspondent impact on performance.
|Date of creation:||07 Jan 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Danny Miller & Peter H. Friesen, 1984. "A Longitudinal Study of the Corporate Life Cycle," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(10), pages 1161-1183, October.
- Robert E. Quinn & Kim Cameron, 1983. "Organizational Life Cycles and Shifting Criteria of Effectiveness: Some Preliminary Evidence," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(1), pages 33-51, January.
- Bonney, M. C., 1994. "Trends in inventory management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1-3), pages 107-114, June.
- Pfohl, Hans-Christian, 1997. "Logistics: State of the art," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 7292, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- P N O'Farrell & D M W N Hitchens, 1988. "Alternative theories of small-firm growth: a critical review," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 20(10), pages 1365-1383, October.
- P N O'Farrell & D M W N Hitchens, 1988. "Alternative Theories of Small-Firm Growth: A Critical Review," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 20(10), pages 1365-1383, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1362. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.