Redistributive policies and recipients: an empirical analysis
In this paper I present an empirical analysis of redistributive policies with particular attention to transfers. Theoretical considerations are compared with some empirical observations at three levels of analysis: supranational, national and sub-national. The main conclusion of my work is that, general speaking, redistributive policies do not follow normative criteria that predict they should be targeted to disadvantaged groups. Moreover, to some extent, a positive correlation between lobbies’ power and some dynamics of transfers favourable to middle classes arises.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- AlÌcia Adserý, 2003.
"Are You Being Served? Political Accountability and Quality of Government,"
Journal of Law, Economics and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(2), pages 445-490, October.
- Alicia Adsera & Carles Boix & Mark Payne, 2000. "Are You Being Served?: Political Accountability and Quality of Government," Research Department Publications 4241, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- J. Mark Payne & Carles Boix & Alícia Adserà, 2000. "Are You Being Served?: Political Accountability and Quality of Government," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6478, Inter-American Development Bank.
- C. Seidl & Patrick Moyes & A. F. Shorrocks, 2002. "Inequalities: Theory, experiments and applications," Post-Print hal-00157353, HAL.
- André Sapir, 2006.
"Globalisation and the reform of European social models,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/8112, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- André Sapir, 2006. "Globalization and the Reform of European Social Models," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 369-390, 06.
- André Sapir, 2006. "Globalization and the reform of European social models," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/167139, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- André Sapir, 2005. "Globalisation and the reform of European social models," Policy Contributions 31, Bruegel.
- Mueller, Dennis C & Stratmann, Thomas, 1994. "Informative and Persuasive Campaigning," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 81(1-2), pages 55-77, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:12769. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.